Roll Call: WA (PNW Crew) - 2024 RTGS Sign-Ups in Post 2715

Cheers chaps for your advice. Just back from a three day trip to WA from the UK. Watched the Kraken, drank lots of coffee and enjoyed your mirco-brews.

Played a quick warm up round at the Home Course. Thought it was delightful and in good condition for the time of year.

Then played yesterday in the fog at Chambers. Had high hopes but they were all blown away - what a golf course. I loved the constant strategic questions it asks. The last 5 or 6 holes were just incredible. Reminded me of some of the Irish west coast courses such as Lahinch and Tralee but on a much bigger piece of land. Also had some Cruden Bay vibes.

Top stuff and thank you for recommending it so feverently.

17 Likes

Glad you enjoyed your time. Chambers is gorgeous. THC is polarizing but I, for one, love it. Cheers!

2 Likes

So glad you got out to Chambers. 14,15,16,17 chefs kiss love that stretch

3 Likes

Why is THC polarising?

I thought some of the holes were a bit bland/ featureless but loved the width, variety of holes and general condition. For $35, it was awesome.

2 Likes

Ask @notjustinkaiser

2 Likes

That part. For locals, it’s great! For non-locals, they think a course almost built from scratch could’ve been “more” than what it is

1 Like

Long time listener, first time caller checking in from North Idaho. Can’t wait for courses to open up so I can start chipping away the rust.

4 Likes

Where are you located in Northern Idaho? Checking in from Moscow here.

1 Like

I’m up in CDA. It’s crazy how spoiled we are by great golf courses in a 2 hour radius. I made it down to Palouse Ridge for the first time last year and had a blast.

3 Likes

I’m convinced there is no better place on earth (no hyperbole) than the inland NW for affordable and enjoyable golf.

3 Likes

Awesome! Let’s meet up in the middle and play Circling Raven when the course opens up this year. I love Palouse Ridge. I think it’s way underrated even in the local area.

I’m likely headed down to Wine Valley on the 27th to play in their final winter series event with a friend who played on the U of I women’s team if you have the time/interest and want to meet up!

1 Like

Completely agree. Many places are an absolute sweepstakes and the whole area is still slept on. Spokane has so many public courses.

This is a bit of a stretch to call it NW but I grew up in Boise and the golf scene there is crazy too. So much good/affordable public golf in this part of the country.

1 Like

You both should come play with the PNW roost at Wine Valley later this summer!

2 Likes

A bit of a shot in the dark here but I have an extra ticket to Jason Isbell at the Paramount tomorrow night. My wife can no longer go and all my other fellow dads with kids can’t get out on a school night. If you’re interested in going to a show with a stranger (though I did meet a few folks last year at the OP) shoot me a DM.

1 Like

Love Isbell, hope you find somebody to go!

1 Like

I’d love to play the event at Wine Valley, I’m from Walla Walla but moved away before it opened. What’s the date?

2 Likes

I think @MrVinegar206 is still working on the actual date.

Got out to Wine Valley last weekend. Place is so good. It had rained the night before and was still playing firm af and my former collegiate playing partner reckoned the greens were stimping around a 13. Can’t imagine what it’s like in the middle of summer. Stoked for the May meetup!

4 Likes

It’s always in top shape! So, so good. I’m itching to get out there

Also, @anon24074719 would be proud of your shorts length :clap:

3 Likes

April and May signups are open!

1 Like