Roll Call: Virginia

It appears I am making headway for the 3BR again, the Pete Dye River Course at VA Tech is very receptive and I’m working on dates that work for both me and the course to start.

10 Likes

As I’ve never had the pleasure of playing the PD River Course, this would be muy bueno.

1 Like

I have heard great things about this course! My friend got his agronomy degree from VT and enjoyed the course. This event was stellar, cannot wait to play in it this year!!!

3 Likes

River course is going to be the venue for sure, they have extended me a rate of $50 for us too. I am gonna be working with the roost and NLU to finalize a date here soon. thinking mid/late july again for now

7 Likes

July 23 :wink:

as of now that is going to my first choice, just need to confirm with the powers at NLU and the VA roost, but looks like that will be it for now

5 Likes

Army trip might start a day early :wink:

https://refuge.nolayingup.com/t/the-3-bed-room-nc-vs-va-july-23-2022-pete-dye-river-course-radford-va/51029/353

3 Likes

Smart move to make the $10 non-refundable, and I say that as someone forced to withdraw last year.

1 Like

I had to give the course my credit card this time and a assurance that I fill 32 tee times, where last year was at my home club and the head pro is an old friend and I had zero to sweat. Figured I’d ask for some minor skin in the game this year.

2 Likes

It makes a lot of sense and I think it will end up making your life a lot easier.

last year I took cash at the course at $10 head too, and this year I won’t have to mess with it either.

anyone been to Bowling Green CC lately? is this a deal or a goat ranch?

Played the 2003 State Am there before the redesign. Have heard it turned out great.

1 Like

I’ve only seen old footage of the course pre-Lester George, but I can tell you that it’s now one of the most difficult stretches of holes #3 through #9 that I can ever remember playing. I wouldn’t be surprised if, during any given busy week, there’s at least one person who loses a ball on 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8.

1 Like

Playing Hobbs Hole at 1040 on Sunday, 3 spots open, will be a great day for it!

3 Likes

I need to get out there. Everyone keeps talking about it.

It is a fun course. I have played it twice and enjoyed it.

Another opportunity to purchase a golf course!

5 Likes

First we sell an NFT…

2 Likes