Roll Call: Virginia

I’m in!

And it’s my fourth season here. Really a great spot for a young(ish) PGA guy.

2 Likes

I play Vista Links a few times a year when my wife is over at the horse center dealing with those annoying equine beasts. It’s a scruffy muni but I love playing that course. Always some of my most anticipated rounds during the year.

2 Likes

Yes, Vista Links could be great with some money and better TLC. We used to play it a decent amount when I lived out that way in Lynchburg.

2 Likes

Its only like 45 mins from me, we typically try to play it once a year or so. Always battling the rumors the city is going to shut it down.

Would not be a bad spot for an informal refuge meet up some time, right off 81 with food nearby.

3 Likes

Absolutely. The vibe is so laid back and great out there as well. Really hope it doesn’t get shut down. Just get past the fact that the greens will probably be rolling at a 5 on the stimp and the fairways are slightly better than the rough and you’ll be just fine. Some of the views on that course are fantastic there. If I lived near there I’d play it every day.

1 Like

Thank you for reminding me WO was on my list too haha. I think you, Kinloch and Kanawha are the only ones left in Richmond I haven’t visited.

4 Likes

Let’s get it! I’ll have off most Thursdays.

4 Likes

Was required to play both Vista Links and Lex CC way too many times in my younger life. Vista would be a darling of many current architecture fans if it had playable grass - in retrospect I understand why the Sugarloaf guys love it.

Edit: Also Lex CC comes to mind more often when I think of worst golf hole designs, but I’ll acknowledge it had a couple redeeming characteristics.

3 Likes

Only played it once with my younger daughter, but thoroughly enjoyed it. But what it could be…

I’m so in on this. More scruffy golf in '22.

2 Likes

Due to some scheduling issues we couldn’t make this outing happen last fall but would love to have everyone out sometime this spring to Stoneleigh in Round Hill! Jump over to the event thread if you’re interested!

3 Likes

1 Like

That’s what I like to hear! Look forward to having you out

Any chance we could possibly make the Match Play Atop The Hill outing a part of the National Links Troost schedule?

1 Like

Cc @RobertHunter

He can elaborate on the requirements for making it an official event.

2 Likes

Perfect. I will reach out

1 Like

in. and we can probs make this a NLT meet up too

1 Like

if its through the roost hit him up for sure, if you have any questions on running an event or anything feel free to holler as usual and I’m willing to help out too. I am not technologically sound, but I am a good gopher.

Heck yeah! I’m excited to have you out man

Let’s do it! That would be great and I think influence more people to come out

1 Like

just curious here…how far is the course from DC proper?

About an hour and 10 minutes or so out from DC

1 Like