Roll Call: Virginia

HIGHLY HIGHLY rec this to the VA guise.

(I have to help run a charity captains choice that day or else I’d be there myself)

course is great, and the people will be even greater.

3 Likes

I’m down to play in cville! Fairly new to the refuge, but went to school in Lexington, VA, now live in cville, and primarily play at Meadowcreek and Birdwood. Try to get out to RNK every now and then as well.

2 Likes

Loved poplar grove when I lived in Lynchburg in the 2013 days! Cheers and the track has seen some awesome improvements since.

1 Like

W&L or VMI?

Match Play Atop The Hill

Okay- so @drh1016 have done some talking and thinking

Match play at Stoneleigh in western loudoun, Va on Sunday 11/14.

Right now the course is asking us just to think of a date and come up with a good number of folks, so we want to see who would be interested for a breakfast or lunch that includes random drawing of two teams and then followed up by 18 holes of best ball play.

Stoneleigh is gorgeous in the fall and provides some real risk/reward that is great for match play.

9 Likes

Heres the link to the event thread for those of you interested in attending Match Play Atop the Hill

4 Likes

Doing a college buddies trip to Noke/Salem in a couple weeks. Itinerary mostly set with the exception the final day.
Thurs - Hanging Rock (for sentimental reasons, the course was being built while we were in school and they would let us pick rocks out of the fairways for keg money)
Fri - Roanoke CC
Sat - Ballyhack all day!
Sun - Roanoke CC again or trek it over to Dye River Course? Those flying out are worried about the drive. I’ve not played River and would like to see it.

3 Likes

If you’re already doing Roanoke cc, I’d do river course

And great job getting Ballyback in the rota

2 Likes

The River course is $59 on the weekend, not sure when you paid 120?

River course is a solid hour from the airport

1 Like

Can you get on hidden valley? I’m partial to Ashley plantation myself too off exit 150 on 81

1 Like

Damn they changed their rates since I last played there.

PGA Tour Superstore Grand Opening this weekend in Fairfax!

1 Like

Was pretty crowded today, with a line to get in. Some decent drawings for prizes (don’t have to be present to win) and a couple of good clearance sections. Kind of just wanted to see what it would be like. Looks like it’ll be a great place to get some fittings and repairs.

I went this morning got there at 9:00 and the line was wrapped around back to the front door. Got in pretty quick. Went to checkout and that line was even worse. Will go back later this week. Didn’t really need anything there, mostly just wants to check it out.

1 Like

My buddy went and the line looked long af

I went around 11:30 today. Line was about a 5 minute wait somehow. I ended up getting a club and my wife finally decided she wanted her first set!

1 Like

Went at about 6pm with the family, no line. Was really impressed by the sheer volume of stuff they had.

1 Like

I took lessons at a PGA Superstore when I lived in Atlanta, and one of things I liked was an affordable practice plan. I was able to schedule times to go hit balls on the simulator whenever I wanted. I didn’t use it a ton because it was a bit of a drive for me and I lived pretty close to a grass range, but I remember it being a cheap add-on to the lesson plan ($50 or something close to that). If they still do something similar it seems like it would be useful in the winter here, if I have to hit off mats all the time anyway.

1 Like

Has anyone played Westfields or Laurel Hill recently? Looking for which is in better condition as I’ve had some disappointing rounds lately.

I need to try and figure out where I’m playing for my birthday round this weekend…

2 Likes