Roll Call: Virginia

Its a damn shame that course is in such bad condition constantly because the layout is awesome

2 Likes

shocking.

The first time we drove up 3 hours to play there for an outing we were pumped, we saw the price and thought it would be baller af. Nah. That’s a $40-$50 course down here in roanoke, $60 if pristine. Such is golf up there for yall and that sucks.

I have not seen it with my own eyes, but someone told me that raspberry is in the best shape they have seen her in years

1 Like

I play in an outing there every year on 9-11 that we sponsor that benefits the Arlington FD so I hope you are right.

Richmond area folks - which public course is least objectionable on a Saturday afternoon? I’m fairly new to the area, and mostly play weekday golf, and don’t know which tracks get overbooked on weekends.

1 Like

My experience is most public places are packed with good weather on the weekends. Maybe some east of the city like Royal New Kent or Viniterra. Might be some guys in the WhatsApp who could get you on somewhere private. There is a Richmond specific roll call thread as well.

Richmond, Virginia (RVA)

2 Likes

Old white tpc having $50 rates online again, if anyone wants to get a 4 some sometime lmk and I’ll look for a hot rate on a weekend.

2 Likes

I would love to play Old White, but my work schedule is irregular. Work 2 weekends, off 2 weekends.

Is there any advance on when they’ll have those rates, or you just have to check all the time?

1 Like

Last year I played up there 9x total for a $25 hot rate. Best deal ever as they charge 200 plus all the time rac rate. They upped it to 50 this year, still more than fair, but from what I learned last year they post them at 12:01 for the week on thursdays, so Max heads up for a sat would probably like 2-3 days unfortunately. That being said if you have a particular weekend that works I can do everything in my power to be on at the time they post and snag one. @Shankapotomous this could be huge for July 23rd too.

3 Likes

I literally wake up for the gym every morning at 4, and while I’m pooping and drinking my pre, I check golf now for that particular rate.

2 Likes

:eyes:

2 Likes

I’d probs book that if I could and give it to 4 of yall from out of the region. Its bout an hour away from my club up 220/ off 1-64. If coming down from NOVA its a breeze to get to.

1 Like

Whoa, is that through GolfNow or the Greenbrier site?

1 Like

golf now

1 Like

gonna throw this here and the va beach thread, playing royal new kent sat around 3, and gonna get the $94 golf moose buy for 2 play 18 with cart. Will have 2 spots open if anyone else wants to join

1 Like

hot rate tee times for old white today were $425 now, what in the entire fuck is going on with this golfnow shit IDK

That’s hot alright. Surface of the sun hot.

2 Likes

yeah I mean you can pay cash and get an afternoon membership at my course for that price

is this your first time at RNK right?

1 Like

Yes! I come to the area every year for a weekend but its just never worked out to get out there and we made a point of it this time.