Roll Call: Virginia Beach

Hell’s is ALWAYS wet

1 Like

Greetings fellow NLUer’s, Just moved to Va Beach from DC and looking for some folks to to get involved with in either a casual round or weekend game. I’ve got family at the Cavalier and have been playing there a decent bit, but hoping to expand my horizons. Mid single-digit handicapper fwiw.

Hit me up if you need a fourth.

3 Likes

What’s going on VA beach, I’m going to be in the area for the long weekend and hoping to get out Sunday if the forecast improves. Hoping for a recommendation of a course in the surrounding area (I’ll actually be staying in Chesapeake). Looks like a decent amount of courses around, let me know if there are any gems.

if anything is playable on Sunday and you’re up for a short drive I’d go check out Riverfront in Suffolk

2 Likes

Yeah prayers for Sunday cuz it’s supposed to start snowing here at like 4 am

1 Like

I’m coming from up in the Philly area and am just praying for a window haha. Hoped it was far enough south, really wish yesterday and today’s weather had waited a bit. @slimreaper87 if it looks like there’s any hope I’ll slide into your DMs.

Will be in town from July 12th for 3 weeks if anyone is keen for a hit? Was meant to go to the Steeplechase event in PA the first weekend but that is now looking unlikely unfortunately :pleading_face:

Will be at my in-laws place in Great Neck area - any good recs for driving ranges open late please? Be good to duck out for a whack after daughter goes to sleep :crossed_fingers:t2:

2 Likes

Other than Topgolf (which isn’t exactly your normal range session) the only range I’m aware of that is open late is the Lynnhaven Golf Park.

I haven’t been there in a little while, but the quality of the range balls definitely leaves much to be desired.

1 Like

TopGolf is might have to be then. My step-father in law loves it there anyways so that will work fine :+1:t2:

ride over to the 3BR event in Radford on July 23

2 Likes

Love to but have a friends wedding on that weekend :flushed:

I hope everyone made it through yesterday’s storms okay. The videos and photos of the tornado damage taken from Broad Bay looked terrible.

3 Likes

River Road is the entrance to the area my mother-in-law lives. Looks like they got away with it by a couple hundreds yards or so. Phew.

1 Like

That’s way too close for comfort, but I’m glad to hear that they’re alright.

1 Like

Glad they escaped major damage. They got hammered on the other side of Great Neck…

1 Like