Roll Call: Utah

No the Shut this year they’re doing over in Seattle I think. We’ve basically postponed anything in CDA to next summer but hopefully that will be a big celebration. Get a big crowd of us there one weekend next summer. Golf and about afternoon on the lake then BBQs at my house…

I’m planning to go to the Olympic Prolific in May but fuck knows if I’ll be allowed into the country by then.

I am planning on Glendale I think too, I can get there within 15 minutes or so. Their site says Men’s League info coming soon so guess I’ll wait to confirm when that is posted.

1 Like

We play in the Davis men’s league up in Fruit Heights/Kaysville. Very active league.

1 Like

Is the Davis County course pretty decent? Or is it Davis Park?

It’s Davis Park.

Is Davis Park pretty decent then? I haven’t played up there yet

It definitely was better there 15-20 years ago, they have had some massive wind storms here and lost hundreds of trees. They have also made the course easier to speed up play so it pretty gettable now. But it’s a great track with some unique holes. It has a very active men’s league though which is great. They are making some improvements to league play this year as well to get more people able to play.

1 Like

Anyone wanna go out and play somewhere the weekend of May 15th? I am thinking of playing of getting out to either Soldier Hollow or Wasatch for the first time this season, but could be talked into anything in the area.

Ended up doing Bonneville. Super busy, good formats each week. Haven’t come close to winning money yet, but it’s been fun

I’m in if you’re still looking to play. Haven’t gotten around to playing either course yet.

1 Like

Well I’m an idiot and our Saturday round for men’s league is that Saturday, so I may not be able to play that weekend after all. I will be around later in the month and most of June if you’re still looking.

No worries. Just got the heads up that my work schedule is changing in the next few weeks anyway so a month should give me a good idea of when I can plan my days off. :beers:

Longtime listener, first time caller. Based in SLC, play mostly city courses but always looking for new recommendations and partners.

1 Like

Big fan of riverbend , back 9 is a lot of fun.

Carbon county country club is worth the drive as well

What are the course recommendations in/around Salt Lake? I’ll be traveling for work here soon and thinking of bringing the clubs. Thanks!

As far as the salt lake area, Mountain Dell is tough to beat

Ton of options in Salt Lake, even more within 45 min drive.

Bonneville - city course that has hosted a handful of AM events
Mountain Dell - can be great to beat the heat mid summer and killer mountain views
Forest Dale - mellow 9 holer thats great for after work
Stone Bridge - three 9 hole tracks that can be linked up a variety of different ways
Thanksgiving Point - about 30 min south of the city - tricky greens, length, and wind can give it some teeth if thats your thing.
Valley View GC - 20 min north
Wasatch Mountain GC (Mountain Course) - 45 min east up in the mountains - rad setting, definitely recommend taking a cart.

1 Like

Love it. This breakdown couldn’t have been better. Thank you!

1 Like

Booked as a single on 5/26 at 4:03pm at Mountain Dell Lakes course. The following day at 4pm at Wasatch Mountain course if anyone wanted to join me for either round. Thanks again for the recommendations!

1 Like

Changed things up, Wasatch round is probably too far from downtown for me so I switched that round to Bonneville. Just in case anyone was thinking of joining