Roll Call: The Duck Club | Canadians, Beer and Cow Pastures

They’ve played multiple private courses on Tourist Sauce…

1 Like

Definitely the exception, but yes. I just don’t know the optimal itinerary if you’re going all
the way to west coast. Makes it that much longer a drive. If their desire is to go to western Canada, I can’t see them skipping the Rockies courses, but I dunno. Tougher one to plan.

What say 10 courses would you pick?

1 Like

This may be my Vancouver bias (U of C Grad though!) but I just don’t know how you leave out Capilano and Victoria, plus you could get the mountain golf in Whistler. Not to mention for actual “tourist” spots, Vancouver, Whistler and Victoria are by far the top 3 in Western Canada.

Metro Vancouver definitely doesn’t have any Tourist Sauce worthy public courses, with the exchange rate you could definitely do Strapped for green fees but everything else is so expensive @Randy and @MerchCzar might have to stay in one of the tent camps on the DTES to keep under budget.

If we were cutting down on travel/making it shorter I would just fly into Kelowna and do BC but I agree it would be such a great trip through the Rockies.

My 10 course Western Canada tourist sauce itinerary
Land in YYC, Immediately head west.

Set up in Banff for 3 days.

Kananaskis - Kidd
Stewart Creek
Banff Springs

Leave early AM, hit up
Greywolf

Then make the drive to Kamloops that afternoon
Tobiano

Drive up to Whistler after playing Tobiano.
Big Sky
Nicklaus North

Then you really kick it into C-Suite. The float plane terminal conveniently is 200 feet from the Clubhouse at NN. This would also be the perfect time to send the Strapped boys on their way back to Vancouver just in time to miss the private golf.
Victoria GC

Float Plane back Downtown

Stay downtown Vancouver
Shaughnessy (Not only do tour pros love it but it’s getting torn up in like 10 years to get a condo development which is sick and the most Vancouver thing ever to tear up a 100 year old unreal golf course.)
Capilano

Flight home from YVR.

Book it @Tron & @Soly (Once you’re allowed across the border again)

2 Likes

A lot of travel, but definitely good choices. No arguing that Victoria, Whistler and Vancouver are great places.

1 Like

Lots of camping available in Strathcona park I hear

2 Likes

Skipping Kelowna probably not terrible - except the wine and the awesome mini golf place 19 Greens :wink:

I think it would be awful to skip the Okanagan. If they could figure out how to do Banff/Kananaskis, Okanagan region, back to the mountains that would be a sick way to show off western Canada. Then finish off the trip with Cap and Vic as the big highlights of they can get the access

2 Likes

Tobiano is the only course in the Okanagan that I actually think is a must play.

Tower Ranch is cool being in the vineyards but I definitely don’t think it’s on the same level as the others and Predator is over rated IMO.

Would be a good part of the trip if they got into the wine scene but of all the areas it’s definitely got the worst top end golf and in the summer it’s so damn hot so to keep it to 10 I would skip Kelowna. It’s like the Myrtle Beach of BC

If it was BC only then it’s for sure a few days.

1 Like

Guise I’d be willing to do the trip first and report back on the feasibility of both options. DM’s are open, hit me up!

6 Likes

All the golf I’ve played in my entire life, I still have Tobiano and Capilano in my top 3 courses ever.
Capilano is almost impossible to get on for a nobody like me, but never pass up a chance.

Tower Ranch is fun, but for whatever reason doesn’t have the wow factor IMO.
Predator is amazing IMO and definitely Tourist Sauce worthy.
Maybe Northview Ridge is a Tourist Sauce candidate if you’re all the way in Van? I feel its underrated by the people that are able to play it whenever they want.
Regarding Whistler, I would do Fairmont Chateau before Big Sky. If you take the mountain away from Big Sky, its basically Meadow Gardens.

I feel like you could do a helluva Strapped in metro Van/Fraser Valley. Something like Sandpiper, Ledgeview, and Fraserview?

Pagoda ridge has real strapped vibes with the miniature wall of China and pirate ship half way stop

3 Likes

Strapped Vancouver could require a lot of driving or some rough accommodations.

6 Likes

My take: you’d have to post up outside of the city. Three guys would have way too hard of a time finding an Airbnb in Van. I’d go with Cloverdale and play up the Hot Rod vibes. Plus some diner options around there

1 Like

Given that transport costs don’t seem to come out of the budget (airfares, rental cars), I wonder if a ferry would be charged against the budget.

Cedar Hill in Saanich, 18 hole par 67, C$41 twilight would fit the bill perfectly for one round (and would make for some great drone footage).

1 Like

Royalwood is a must for a Strapped Metro Van/Fraser Valley.

2 Likes

I just want to see Mickelson National so they can convince Phil to fly in and show them how to hit bombs in aviators while drinking coffee.

I wonder when the last time was that Phil was on property

It’s been at least 2 years.

2 Likes

Admittedly I’ve only played there once. We got absolutely DESTROYED by mosquitos, even with bug spray, and it was so bad we walked off as soon as our vehicles were back in sight haha. Never been back since.

The first hole has Icarito written all over it though…the big right miss will play!

Speaking of, which of you lot was at Pagoda Ridge recently?

3 Likes