Roll Call: The Duck Club | Canadians, Beer and Cow Pastures

I very much dislike you already :joy:

2 Likes

I didn’t think it was possible anywhere in the country! I knew some places in BC have a lot longer golf seasons, but all year is sweet!

What a difference going from the extreme east coast to the extreme west coast makes

1 Like

Hey guys,

Checking in from Abbotsford, BC here. Can confirm year-round golf. Although, we’ve had 2.5 inches of rain in the last two days here so that’s going to put a damper on things for a while.

I used to live in Saskatoon, SK, which has about a 5 month golf season (6 if your lucky). So, I’ve been feeling spoiled that last couple of seasons.

1 Like

Just about to tee it up in sloppy Victoria this morning. The rains have stopped here but there will definitely be some standing water.

1 Like

Another Calgary golfer here (feels like each province/region should have its own thread???)

A lot of the same course preferences as others on here. It’s a good golf region.

One cheap option I’d add is Water Valley Northwest of the City. Super fun and beautiful track. I believe he owner designed it himself, which is an amazing feat considering how interesting a layout it is.

Another favourite is Bearspaw, which I was a junior member 20ish years ago. Damn, I love that course. Sad to see it go through the bad financial times due to the botched new clubhouse. But gave me a chance to play it this summer when they opened it for public use!

2 Likes

Welcome to the refuge! Any recommendations further north? I’m definitely going to get down to Wolf Creek a time or two this year.

Wolf Creek is fantastic. Another low key nice track is Sundre.

2 Likes

I have good memories of Innisfail north of Calgary, although it’s probably been close to ten years since I was there…

1 Like

Checking in from muskoka, Ontario. One of the best areas for golf in Canada.

5 Likes

welcome!

You a member anywhere in Victoria. Might be moving out there. Have played Gorge Vale and Olympic View so far.

I’m a “member” at Cordova Bay. It’s public/semi-private, so it’s not really a membership. It’s a great everyday course, walkable, not overly punishing (but still challenging), and in amazing shape for the traffic it gets. Played yesterday and the greens were as good as most courses in the middle of summer.

I was at a wedding at Olympic View last summer. Didn’t get a chance to play but the course looked nice. How’s it play?

It is open for most of the front and gets a bit tighter on the back. Some beauty views. I played in mid November and the conditions were still pretty good.

1 Like

Are you from New Brunswick originally by any chance?

Still am.

Nice. I grew up in Fredericton.

Checking in. NLU fan in Toronto East End, don’t belong to a club but always scouring Underpar.com for good deals to play

1 Like

Welcome! I’m up in Newmarket.

Check out canadagolfcard I don’t know if there are any in your area but there are about 250 Ontario courses on it.