Roll Call: The Duck Club | Canadians, Beer and Cow Pastures

Will be some beautiful $3M condos though…

I’m hoping to play Oviinbyrd this year. Procuring an invitation is the challenging part though!

2 Likes

At last, more condos!

3 Likes

Hamilton (after seeing it at the Open after moving to ON last year it jumped to the top of my list - partly because it was stunning, and also because it doesn’t feel very attainable…)

Essex in Windsor (I’d like to the Donald Ross double with a casual round at Roseland in the afternoon)

St George’s (all that history and smack in the middle of the GTA)

Seems wild to leave Cabot (and Jasper) off my list, but it’s largely because I know I’ll get there at some point post-COVID. With access being unlikely at this stage, these three remain top of my wish-list for now.

1 Like

+1 on Hamilton after seeing it in person as well.

1 Like

We’re 3 so far for Hamilton. I’ll see if my buddy can join. Can you call and make a tee time?

5 Likes

Looks pricey. I wonder if they have twilight deals? Reckon carts will be included? :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Here’s a preview of us showing up for our tee time.

JampackedMassiveIzuthrush-small

5 Likes

My list:
Cabot

That’s it really. Maybe St.Georges.
Played Hamilton a lot when I was a kid. Benefits of caddying there and being friends with a member. I think I’d have a different level of appreciation now. But I always thought it was the Augusta of Canada. Undulations, elevated tees, crossing green side creeks, etc.

3 Likes

I love to do stuff everybody else is doing. #getinvolved

Bucket list:
Hamilton (Not gonna happen but is super cool looking and a great property)
Oviinbyrd (Love that style of golf course and that one’s tops)
Capiliano (Looks like tons of fun, beautiful scenery, lots of neat holes)

I kind of cheated and didn’t include either Fairmont course or Cabot because I intend to play them in the next decade, these are less obtainable and likely.

1 Like

I really don’t get the love for Hamilton. Even being at the Open last year and walking the entire course, I didn’t really see anything special. I’d rather play the Abbey, but maybe I’m missing something

The #GCA crowd is going to come after you with pitchforks and torches shortly.

Seriously, though, Hamilton has never held the same appeal to me as many of the other top courses in Ontario. Maybe one day I’ll play them all and be able to let you know for sure haha.

Hamilton is everything I wanted it to be when I played it and I was lucky enough to play the tournament rotation. Just a classic track. Easily in my top 5 of courses I have played in Canada and I have also been lucky enough to play a lot of the top ones.

As someone who played Glen Abbey a couple weeks ago and was also at the Open last year I really couldn’t disagree more. But hey…to each their own.

Out of all the top 100 courses I’ve played I think Capilano is my least favourite. It has the best views of any Vancouver golf course for sure but it’s kind of a goofy course

1 Like

I mean, it is a Thompson course haha.

My picks:

Banff
Jasper
Devil’s Paintbrush

Every time I see pictures of those Fairmont courses, I want to jump on a plane and go play them (except these days when I wouldn’t jump on plane for any reason).

1 Like

Banff has a lot of prestige, but honestly I would tell most people to skip Banff and play both Kananaskis courses for the pretty much the same price

1 Like

My picks and im going to go with courses I feel I will be able to play: (Because it would be very similar to many psoted above for a dream three to play)

1. Fairmount Jasper (When im out that way will defintly play both Faimount courses in Alberta but if I had to pick it has to be Jasper. Doesn’t it?)
  2. London Hunt ( Reciprocal with my course)
  3. Predator Ridge- The Ridge ( See number ones Bracket lol)

I dunno man. Some places like Hamilton have more than just the routing and design going for it. Example, Ambassador is a better course than Essex and they are 5min apart. One is private, has old money, old classic clubhouse and layout. All of that makes up for the fact that Ambassador is a harder, funner, and beautiful track that anyone can get on. But the sterile new clubhouse and uninspired dining facility kills it.