Roll Call: The Duck Club | Canadians, Beer and Cow Pastures

Just in case anyone in the broader Canadian refuge is interested, very early plans are afoot for seeing Sagebrush in July 2024.

7 Likes

Hey all, First post!

New Nest member and just signed up for the roost. I’m in Niagara Falls and work in Hamilton. Member at Twenty Valley but play a lot at Legends, Willow Valley and Copetown… and Cherry Hill when a generous vendor gets me on.

Happy to mingle with some like-minded Canadian sickos.

15 Likes

@BigtimePolecat your siren has been called.

2 Likes

Welcome! There’s a few of us just across the border in Buffalo as well.

4 Likes

n00b question but how do you get that duck club icon next to your picture?

1 Like

It’s a fairly long and involved hazing process - think the Stonecutters episode of the Simpsons? - and then we can hook you up.

3 Likes

Feel like initiations for vet school have prepared me for this precise moment. Where’s the first tee, what’s the course record and how many beers am I bringing?

3 Likes

Seriously, I can’t actually remember how the affiliation works. @BigtimePolecat our Roost overlord can get you started, then ???, and then profit!

But Mike can definitely make some roost magic happen. We don’t have ton of folks up Montreal way, but there’s a couple.

3 Likes

Amazing that I’ve never once ventured over to play WNY outside of a couple of stay and plays.

Might not happen this season, but where would you recommend most?

Around Buff:

Seneca Hickory, Harvest Hill, Ivy Ridge, Glen Oak

Rochester:

Greystone (my favorite of the area), Ravenwood, Deerfield

Any private track around WNY is great if you have access to one.

1 Like

Avoid Seneca Hickory Sticks. It is awful.

Ravenwood was decent when I last played it in 2019.

Really? Probably because they’ve marketed over here the last few years, but that would have been the first to mind, honestly. What was bad?

I actually like Seneca Hickory. It gets some hate but I’ve had some solid rounds there.

The hate: condition? design? pace?

I’m not sure why. Conditions have always been good when I play it and have never had issues with pace. I could see design, it is an RTJII design, after all.

Likely playing Tarandowah on Oct 26.

5 Likes

Ahhhhh. Explains a lot. Worth a play though, still.

Is that an invite orrrrrrrrr

2 Likes

I’ll drive…haha

1 Like

Hey Duckers

4 Likes