Roll Call: The Duck Club | Canadians, Beer and Cow Pastures

If we can pull it all together, it would be great to build it around @BigtimePolecat coming west anyway. Mid-to-late July, potentially, but I’ll always have some flexibility.

Short version - lets shoot for summer 2023!

1 Like

Yeah, I don’t think he has any courses that are truly topping anyone’s list of must plays, but if you’re out that way and end up on one of his tracks, you’re likely to enjoy it

2 Likes

In Kimberley/Cranbrook alone he did Trickle Creek, St. Eugene’s, and Bootleg Gap. All within about 15 minutes of one another.

1 Like

Crowsnest Pass might be the best logo in Canadian golf
I want to play here just to scoop up a logo ball and a hat. It is fantastic.

8 Likes

Starting in Calgary:

• Mickelson/Calgary GCC split (latter is private but a Willy Park Jr)
  • Kananaskis Kidd
  • Stewart Creek
  • Banff
  • Jasper (hey if they’re going to Northern Norway this trip, this is not that far out of the way)
  • Copper Point (better than Eagle Ranch or Radium Springs IMO - other option a Cranbrook day)
  • Greywolf
  • Cabot Revelstoke (once it opens - assuming in the next year or two)
  • Talking Rock
  • Tobiano
  • Sagebrush

Alternatively, if you skipped Columbia Valley, go play something like Victoria GC (at Bandon, Tron mentioned to me he thought that looked amazing and maybe Capilano if you haven’t had your Stanley Thompson fill and could find your way in).

2 Likes

Since it’s golf and curling club, they must be made to curl…

This place actually reminds me a lot of Inglewood Golf and Curling Club - along the same Bow river, but just in Calgary.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s a great comp!

I dunno if i’m in the minority, but walkability has a higher bias in my enjoyability of playing a course, and though Silvertip/Stewart Creek may have more dramatic views, I always seem to enjoy courses like Canmore GC, Kananaskis.

But yeah shoutout Canmore GC too. Added fun of having/hearing the occasional CP Rail train roll through is also unique too.

2 Likes

Played Heritage Pointe on Monday and the mandatory cart thing bugs the shit out of me.

Now, it’d be a miserable long walk. But don’t list the price at $95, then add a mandatory cart for $25. The price is $120. Shitbags.

10 Likes

You arent in the minority.

2 Likes

Headed to Calgary for some golf at the end of September. Currently on the waitlist for Kananaskis (arranging times as a single sucks -_-). Is there anyone here from Calgary that might be interested in playing golf at Kananaskis on Tuesday September 27? Aiming to play both courses.

Stewart Creek on my target list for Wednesday September 28.

2 Likes

That’s so shitty. Like, I’m planning a trip months in advance. Help me out. Shouldn’t be that difficult.

3 Likes

I have 4 of the ten - 3 in Cape Breton and St. Georges. Nothing else on the menu any time soon.

1 Like

Just book for 2. I always do that if they won’t book singles and coincidentally every single time my theoretical playing partner has a car issue on the way to the course. Weird

3 Likes

You should probably start taking that personally. Dude sounds like a flake.

11 Likes

Guy needs a new mechanic for sure

1 Like

My frequent playing partner for 2-man tee times Steve Polkaroo never seems to show up. Weird. Maybe next time.

5 Likes

Ah man he was just here, I can’t believe you missed him again!

3 Likes

I would but Kananaskis seems fairly strict on cancellation policy. Dont want to cause any issues and have to pay for it, since they know I am already looking for a single.

Hey all,

We’re planning our next Duck Club event/meet up which has already been dubbed the Red Wedding at Innerkip, tentatively set for the morning of Saturday, September 10th. I’m putting it out to everyone to gauge interest, and depending on how many are interested I’ll talk to the course about blocking off some tee times.

Last year @newballcoach and I along with a few others played the red tees at Innerkip Highlands, inspired by Neil playing the reds and trying to break par. It was honestly some of the most fun I’ve had playing golf. We’ve already got 7-8 people committed so hopefully we can get a good group out for it. While I’m biased, I do think the course is a very interesting test from the red tees so I promise it’ll be a great time!

10 Likes