Roll Call: The Duck Club | Canadians, Beer and Cow Pastures

Hey folks. New to the Refuge and trying to figure out how to work these threads. Checking in from Sudbury, Ontario. This winter is getting old real fast.

11 Likes

Welcome! You might be the first to check in here from northern Ontario.

3 Likes

Welcome to The Duck Club!

We have an event in June at Tarandowah :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m so confused reading back through the messages…is there a Nest civil war? Do I need to swear allegiance to someone?

2 Likes

Not yet but yes and yes.

I’m excited for this to kick off up north.

3 Likes

Already taken care of. The blood oath was hidden in the Tussle paperwork last year. You’re Duck Club until the day you die.

2 Likes

Perfect.

4 Likes

Me right now on the West Coast repping The Duck Club

giphy - 2019-12-23T185607.479

12 Likes

Hey all :wave:! Just trying to dig through everything here in the Refuge, good to see a great white north representation. Not sure abut anyone else but I’m officially done with winter and need to get down south ASAP.

10 Likes

I graduated from LU, I know the frozen tundra up there well.

Shoutout Idylwylde country club.

1 Like

Ah cool, same here. Also a member at the Idylwylde.

2 Likes

Wife and I talked today to look seriously into a trip to Florida or California last week of Feb or first week of March. 6 month old throws a wrench into ease of planning, cuz we’re new to that traveling with a tiny baby.

Florida is closer to us and hanging on a beach seems more relaxing. Cali would be more interesting and better wine. But this last blast of snow was enough to get the ball rolling

3 Likes

Other than all extra the stuff you need to bring, travelling with a 6 month old is way easier than a 3 year old!

3 Likes

My son is at Laurentian, I’ve been meaning for 3.5 years to tack on Idlewyld on a trip to visit him. Maybe this spring!! Welcome to the Club

3 Likes

Fly into Fort Myers airport and rent an Airbnb somewhere nearby. Great beaches, tons of reasonably priced golf, less crowded & less expensive than other areas of Florida.

1 Like

Oh no kidding. Hopefully he wasn’t affected too much by all the recent drama there. Happy to host you in the spring if you make it up!

giphy

11 Likes

Hey all, checking in from the Ottawa Valley. I’m originally from the Niagara Region, and make it down there a few times a year to run around the Parks tracks. Been lurking the NLU content for the better part of a year now and figured it was time to get in on the action.

16 Likes

Welcome to the party pal!

3 Likes

Welcome! Current GTA dweller in the process of a potential Ottawa relocation here! Nice to see a small Ottawa contingent cropping up.

2 Likes