Roll Call: The Duck Club | Canadians, Beer and Cow Pastures

@thesaxemachine @duncmitchell The lady and I are checking out the sand trap for valentine’s day tonight (right?). Will report back on “conditions”. Whereabouts are you folks in TO, would like to meetup with fellow golfers.

Is that the new one downtown? Let me know how it is. I was at Swing Golf Lounge in Etobicoke last weekend and that was pretty awesome. Not close for me though, I’m in Newmarket.

I think you win Valentine’s Day. Bravo!
I’ve been meaning to check out that place (don’t live too far) but haven’t had the chance to yet.

How’d it go?!

I am actually out in Kitchener-Waterloo, but I am in and out of Toronto most weeks for work so coming in for hangs is easy.

I also just got back from a work trip to Florida - played 36. Current state of my game would be best-described as “rusty”…

The sand trap was about what I expected… Currently $40 an hour, jumping up to $60 in March. 4 bays, decent simulator (I find that putting always sucks), great selection of courses (we played banff springs and 9 holes of Pacific dunes).
They have a half set (odds) of mizuno woods and 919 hot metals in right and left for each bay which is a nice touch if you don’t want to lug your own clubs.
We’re at King and Strachan and walked there, so we’ll probably be back just because it’s so convenient.

Add another Calgary golfer to the mix. Grew up playing Springbank Links and now a member at Priddis

3 Likes

Welcome. I want to get some of the Alberta crew together this summer for a round or 2. Can’t wait to hopefully meet up with some fellow refugees.

3 Likes

I’m in. Just give me a date.

Hey Canadian NLU fans, been on here for a bit but just now posting, live in Burlington with no home course but enjoy many different tracks around the GTA

Calgary here. Would love to.

Welcome T3J . Also from Calgary

1 Like

I plan to take a day off this summer and do Wolf Creek. Not sure how attractive that travel is to Calgarians. But I’ve also never played anything down there. So basically I’m up for anything.

1 Like

Count me in

It’s been too long since I’ve been to Wolf Creek. I’d be game.

Alright then - Alberta refugee meetup at Wolf Creek this summer. DM me if you’re interested. We’ve got lots of time to work out the logistics.

I’m living in the beaches. Weston has definitely been on my radar since I’ve moved to the city

I’ve been wanting to check this place out. Its not far from work for me just don’t have a car to conveniently get there. Really wanted to do their Winter league.

Wonder if there would be interested in a meetup here before the season starts?

I keep trying to motivate myself to organize something…

1 Like

I would be down to help organize something something , relatively new here though so I’m not sure what that means logistics wise

2 Likes

Hey there fellow Canucks,
NLU fan checking in from Bruce County, Ontario. Got really into the NLU pod this year as every day I’m just thinking about snow melting and putts dropping.

4 Likes