Roll Call: The Duck Club | Canadians, Beer and Cow Pastures

Let’s skip Islington and I’ll host at Granite.

3 Likes

Love to play Granite again. Been a while.

Lets add TPC Osprey x 3 : Hoot, Heathlands and North.

1 Like

We did a bunch of meetups there last year. Easy spot to get to for many, and some great courses. I would imagine that happens again.

3 Likes

15 min from where I live now (due to covid) so I am in.

2 Likes

Hi all,

I recently wrote a little something on Canada’s favourite golfing son, Weirsy.

Please check it out at the link below and let me know what you think!! Would love to hear some more Weirsy stories!

3 Likes

Hi All,

I have recently moved from Melbourne, Aus to Toronto and keen for a game and a good time when courses are back open up. Are there any planned meet ups at this stage when restrictions are relaxed?

Looking at planning a trip to Cabot over the May long weekend. Any tips from others that have been before?

Cheers
Wardey

8 Likes

Welcome! There is a decent sized group of us in the GTA and south-western Ontario. Meet ups were about monthly with some big plans for this year:

2 Likes

Thanks for the welcome Saxemachine looking forward to catching up for a game a good time.

Cheers
Wardey

3 Likes

Great read, sir!

Laughed out loud at, “So, Mike’s Tour status, which was shit, did not necessarily mean he wasn’t getting in.”

Lots of relatable mentions in there - the Patrick Reed psycho and Spieth’s grip pressure. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

I haven’t been fortunate enough to see him in person, but Weir is a legend in my books - if only for the amount of extra large second-hand Mike Weir golf shirts I see in southwestern Ontario thrift stores.

2 Likes

Welcome to the Duck Club friends!

2 Likes

I wouldnt plan on cabot. Near 0 chance border restrictions will allow Ontario.

2 Likes

Also, loved Melbourne.

1 Like

Damn! I didn’t realize they had locked down province travel into the Nova Scotia. Fingers crossed to opening up later in the year.

Here is to dreaming!

It’s an awesome place. Hopefully ya get there. Played 13th Beach when I was in Victoria. Went to Royal Melbourne to snap a few pics and get some swag.

2 Likes

13th Beach is a ripper track. Will be back in Aus early 2022.

Next time you come down I can host you at Commonwealth GC where I am a member and can get onto Royal as well.

7 Likes

Noted! Also, had a good night at Young & Jackson while we were there.

2 Likes

Welcome! Lots of great golf to come this summer

2 Likes

My wife’s best friend lives in New Zealand so if I tell her I’ll take her to Aus and NZ and she agrees, I’m coming to see you too…

3 Likes

Hahahah that is a great pub. Always good fun, its lawless.

1 Like

Sounds good, more the merrier.