Roll Call: The Duck Club | Canadians, Beer and Cow Pastures

Haven’t played Osprey Point. Will have to put it on the list. If you get the chance to play Deer Creek it is a really nice course as well.
Plantation is great and I love having a beer after on the patio watching people rinse it on 9.

1 Like

3-4 years ago when I started at my current job, I told my principals to snatch up 2-3 properties in Inverness. They were still pretty cheap. They didn’t believe me and one of them recently resold for almost double.

Let’s just say I’ve been apologized to. I mean if you’re willing to go 10-15 min outside the town, land is still pretty cheap, you’ll just never be able to unload it.

Mini me is fired up that the community rink is going up in the park.

3 Likes

11 Likes

Well I’ll have that in my head for a day or so!

1 Like

I’ve said it before (I think) but I highly recommend everyone search out the documentary “Spirit Unforgettable”.

Unreal look at Alzheimer’s and John Mann’s story.

Also, Spirit of the West is just an amazing band and Home For A Rest absolutely fuqs.

1 Like

Deer Creek, never heard of it… ill look it up now

yearly ball count of balls in the water on 9 must outrageous.
in one day, my brother in law smashed his wedge into the wooden frame and the head of his wedge fell into the water. 3 minutes later, father in law takes 3 to get out of the slippery back bunker, third one goes in the water, looks around and tomahawks his wedge over the water next to the cart path by the club house #YaHateToSeeIt

Last point: The wings and hot sauce there are 12/10

1 Like

Looking good!
https://theduckclub.ca/

8 Likes

I’d been so busy over the last couple months that I had entirely forgot about it and then the whole Ringer shitshow reminded me I actually owned that domain.

Does anyone know a good place to get hats made? Imperials link for their Canadian distributor is dead.

Brand 47 and New Era have always been really good for me to deal with.

Never used either but I was looking around - vistaprint and customcaps.ca have pretty easy to use interfaces for custom embroidery.

I would avoid vistaprint for hats. Never used custom caps though.

Yeah New Era was gonna be my next look but this is what I was looking for exactly in terms of embroidery.

2 Likes

Another vote for New Era - we use them for work stuff and they’re awesome. But then, I’m a flat-brim guy so not a ton of the Imperial stuff appeals to me…

1 Like

Too bad about Imperial. Love their stuff.

1 Like

Thanks for the insight, lots of good ideas there. I’m still quite interested, osoyoos does add to the travel times for the alberta contigent I will note.

Yeg to Kamloops is 8hrs ish, Kelowna adds 1.5hrs, osoyoos adds 3hrs.

The further west the planning goes the more flying becomes my jam as travel time=fewer rounds=😢.

Density of course options and fun times with golf sickos is what I’m after mainly, not night life.

LOVE THIS! Cant wait to see the finished product.

Word. New to the refuge. Currently based in Cranbrook, BC where I am a member at golfs most famous tree hugger’s track, Wildstone Golf Course. I can say that while I haven’t played Quail and Bear, I have a few friends that played their this year who attested to the courses being awesome. Hope this helps and I’m also interested in potentially #gettinginvolved in a gathering in the BC Interior!

6 Likes

Welcome, I played a few rounds at wildstone two years ago and had a blast there, cool vibe and beauty location. First time I’ve had to pull out a driver on a par 3, on number #15. 'Twas a cold wet and windy day in July (boo) but first time for everything right.

I’d love to get back there for proper summer in July.

1 Like

Welcome! I played Wildstone this summer!!

Fun fact, Tron and Neil played it when they were at some dude’s wedding like 4-5 years ago - according to a recent nest pod. The Rob Collins pod also mentioned he was involved in the design with Gary Player. That’s the reason I checked it out. I have a place near Lake Windermere - love the golf in the valley. Wildstone is one of my favourites.

1 Like