Roll Call: The Duck Club | Canadians, Beer and Cow Pastures

Great day for sure. I love that course more and more each round and each hole that gets played.
Great showing by Kev with those irons. Very brave. And I love the persimmon play all day by Dunc. The eagle was karma for the commitment.

Can’t wait until next time.
I’m off for a rainy round now. Have a great Sunday!!!

3 Likes

Slightly different vibe on today’s (bonus!) round - below 10 degrees, steady drizzle and freshly-punched greens. And ya know what? It was still dope. Struggled to hit the ball straight with ALL the layers on, but iron game was fairly tight today. It was legit fun to smash around in the grim conditties and not worry too much about scoring.

Still motivated to try and sneak a little more golf in - I know I’m free Sunday for sure, so if the weather holds out and anyone wants a game, let me know!

5 Likes

Consider me on alert. I want to see if I can tame these beasts before the winter hits.

2 Likes

I too was out, and have times next weekend and commitment on Nov.1. Still think there may be more after.
Hoodie today because that’s proper golf attire. Toque on but shedded after 4 holes. Too nice out.
Hit more fairways and greens, but they were slick. No eagles but little birdie on the card. Very solid round. Game is nearly formed just in time for Christmas. Oh joy!!!

2 Likes

Well I didnt play on the weekend as it was -6 with windchill but Saskatoon golf season ended on Sunday. I’m pretty sure there wouldnt be many courses in the province that didnt get the sudden frigid temps.

Enjoyed my season overall and made the best of it considering how busy our muni courses were. Played about 20 rounds less than usual in the end. (Played 22 rounds)

Now just waiting to grab a 410 Max at the GT demo sale. Tried it at the store with various shafts and found a fairway finder compared to my older F6+.

6 Likes

Looks like we could have our first minor frost delay of the season this weekend.
I’ve learned to enjoy the atmosphere of all the regulars chomping at the bit, socializing, spending in the pro shop haha. Plus is it even a frost delay if your buddy isn’t asking the Pro every 3 minutes what time we’ll get out?

1 Like

Just booked 11/13 off work to watch the Masters and because I gotta burn a few days before the end of the year. But I’ll also be crossing my fingers to golf that day as well. :wink:

5 Likes

The edmonton season is kaput. Decent run this year for myself, but always hopeful for more. I look forward to some refuge trip planning if it pans out for all us canadians for 2021.

Snow is on the ground and the temps are struggling to get above zero so away we go to winter hibernation and dreams of sim garage setups. There’s a gc2 and an x2 launch monitor up for sale in van if anyone has $4k burning a hole in their pockets.

2 Likes

The weekend in the GTA was looking ok-ish but the forecast has shifted and it now looks awful. 8 degrees is my cut off. But I live in hope.

People to invite for November golf
thesaxemachine

3 Likes

I dug out the rain pants today ready to roll… Sunday looked great up until this morning - we’ll see how it progresses but I’m cautiously optimistic. Plus, I NEVER play in truly shitty weather - I feel like I need a mudder round here to see how well I hack it!

3 Likes

Just booked Sat and Sun tee times…holding out hope in Niagara :grimacing::grimacing::grimacing:

1 Like

OMG I have not seen these, love the duck!!

I booked 11/12 off (nice little mid-week weekend with Remembrance Day too) so I could watch the opening day of the Masters

2 Likes

This has started to become a tradition for me as well. Will do the same this year for sure. Only wish I could morning golf prior.

Nice. Tempting to add Thursday. Wife works out of the house. There could be issues. Still haven’t told her about the Friday.

1 Like

Looks like I’ve got our first buddies trip booked for 2021. Doing Kamloops in late May. 2 nights, 4 rounds, $600 for golf and lodging.
We did Whistler in 2020 and debated doing Kelowna this year, but Kamloops always seems to be such better value than Kelowna.

2 Likes

So in case anyone checks it out annually, I just saw on FB that the Golftown demo sale is online only this year starting Nov5th.

Hope they have pictures up of the clubs since you could sometimes find some great condition clubs.

2 Likes

Interesting news. I could see them using a quick rating system instead of individual pictures of every golf club they plan on selling (that probably numbers in the tens of thousands considering how many locations they have). Might be a good way to find something for #YOTB

My understanding is that they’ve shipped it all (as they do with all used stuff) to Golf Avenue, which also runs Golftown Preowned. They seem pretty on top of things when it comes to photos but this could be a pretty huge volume to deal with. Might be a big strain on their e-commerce platform.

Not really after anything this year but I always have a look.

1 Like