Roll Call: The Duck Club | Canadians, Beer and Cow Pastures

Welcome! There’s a bunch of us scattered around the GTA & southern Ontario. We organized a few causal meet ups this summer and are planning on at least one bigger event next year.

Another newbie here. Port Colborne (Niagara) based. Would love to participate/pitch in for any formal/informal meetups/tournaments.

4 Likes

Hello All, since we are doing newbie introductions I would like to say hello. Based in Alberta so would love for a Western Canada Meet-up once all the snow melts in the new year!

7 Likes

Hi from edmonton, there is also a roll call for alberta in here somewhere too.

Look at all these new ducklings!..I mean potential Duck Club members

6 Likes

Just give me whatever wine comes in a large box and a cot to sleep in and I’m gooooood.

Thanks. I look forward to hearing about these. I’m trying to figure out how this site works but it seems encouraging to finding new people to play with.

Back in stock if anyone was interested.

4 Likes

Oktoberfest ist wunderbar!! Drink up!

2 Likes

I have to see if I still have that Canadian boot. GF might have made me get rid of it…is that the boot or skate version?

1 Like

Das boot

1 Like

What is the duck club @BigtimePolecat?

1 Like

It’s a totally real, not fake golf club that started here in this thread. All are welcome as we have no haters OR losers

Recommended reading

2 Likes

Cool. I hate that I’m a loser but think it fits within club parameters @BigtimePolecat

1 Like

Also gotta shoutout @AmesfortheWeir. Great username choice

2 Likes

Haha thank you. When the Duck Club opens one day, hopefully they are both there for the opening tee shots.

I know there are some new additions to the club here, so wanted to post this here. I have a tee time for Saturday at 1:20 for Tarandowah. Looking for a ducks before we all fly south for the winter. Message me if you’re interested

Hey Duck Clubbers, playing Trafalgar this Saturday. Can’t find much online. Anyone have any insight into the course, etx.

Trafalgar is a pretty solid course that I play regularly. There’s a couple of dumb holes but mostly everything is in front of you with lots of straight-away par 4s and 5s.

One tip if you’re playing with course regulars and the spacing with the group ahead allows it - the third tee and fourth tee are right next to each other, so hit your tee shot on #3 (a par 3), then walk a few feet to your right and hit your tee shot on #4 (a par 4). Then putt on the 3rd green, and voila, you’re right next to the 4th fairway. This saves playing #3, and then walking all the way back to the 4th tee.

Some spots to avoid:

• Take an extra club on #6 (a par 3) - I’m always a club short there, even when I flush it
  • Don’t miss #7 tee shot to the left (cluster of trees is dead)
  • There is a bothersome tree in the middle of fairway on #8. Lay up short of it to make it an easy 3-shot hole, or get past it if you can.
  • Try to get your drive on top of the hill on #10
  • Don’t hit it above the hole on 10 green
  • Make sure you measure a good distance and pick a conservative aim point on the tee shot on #16 to get to the top plateau of the fairway
2 Likes

Another absolute stellar day was had out at Tarandowah today - thanks again to @newballcoach and @bordercity for making the journey down.

Course wasn’t as fiery and firm as last time around - between a wet week slowing it down a touch, and the fescue now down for fall, it didn’t have the bite of my last trip - but the greens were still diabolical and our self-imposed equipment restrictions kept us on our toes…

Committed to the persimmon driver fully today, and it turns out I can still score about the same if I only hit the ball 200 yds but it stays in play

This was a show of solidarity with @newballcoach who elected to put a set of irons in play that are significantly older than we are - took a while to dial up his distances but, much like Harris English, he was flushing it.

Couple highlights were a pair of eagles - @bordercity going driver-hybrid-putt for a conventional (and flawless) big bird. I hit a skanky persimmon driver-5i layup-jarred PW for another 3 for the group, and my first EVER.

With the wind cranked up the conditions were tough, but blue skies made for a perfect fall round. If that’s it for my season, it ended on a high note.

8 Likes