Roll Call: Tampa Golfers

Hey Anthony,

Questions about the events:

1. Do I need to have a GHIN for the event? (I stink and would just want to go and enjoy the community)

2. What are the mechanics of signing up, if there are open spots above the orange “Wait List” line does that mean that I am in the event and should send in the registration fee?

Thanks for your help!
Matt

[quote=“GolferNole, post:671, topic:909”]

• Do I need to have a GHIN for the event? (I stink and would just want to go and enjoy the community)

A GHIN would be preferred so we can properly score the event. (We all all stink)

• What are the mechanics of signing up, if there are open spots above the orange “Wait List” line does that mean that I am in the event and should send in the registration fee?

Correct, anything above that wait list spot means you’re in. All events have a 72 cancellation policy, please let me know if you’re going to cancel instead of just removing yourself from the sheet. The entry fee (charity/prize pool) is due 72 prior to the event. There is only one event right now where the green fee is due at time of signup and that is the event at Black Diamond Ranch.

1 Like

Except @SqueezerHotCuts. He’s pretty OK

3 Likes

4 Likes

Hey everyone! If anyone plays around the St. Pete area and wants get out let me know! I usually play at Bardmoor GC but I honestly play around everywhere. Let me know if anyone would like to join up!

4 Likes

Welcome! I’m in St. Pete as well. You should look at joining our roost.

https://join.slack.com/t/splashofoj/shared_invite/zt-1cauzc0de-V5ZEHPRyEO9cJ~eKswE8Ng

1 Like

I’m in Largo and play at Bayou (next door to Bardmoor) Let me know if you want to play some time.

Late notice but I have an open spot at Mangrove in St Pete tomorrow morning at 9:22 if anybody wants to join

1 Like

Next Thursday (8/8) I’ll be looking for a morning tee time somewhere. My condo is on Isla Del Sol, near St. Pete Beach. If anyone on here already has one lined up and needs an extra in the area, let me know.

1 Like

Hey all, just got word that I’m going to be traveling down to the tampa area for work in September. Currently booked to fly in Monday, 9/12, and fly out Friday morning the 16th. Other than Wednesday evening I think my schedule is wide open so I’m looking at bringing down the sticks. Looking for suggestions on courses worth checking out and wondering if any refugees in the area are interested in linking up. Our office is in Clearwater and I’ll be staying near by but I’ll have a car and will travel for quality golf. Appreciate any reqs!

1 Like

@AWD21 and I are playing our match at Mangrove Bay next Sunday at 12:30. I booked for four so room for two more if anybody wants to join

1 Like

Hey all, with Illinois football coming to Tampa for bowl szn, I’ll be making the trek down. Game is 1/2, I’m likely driving down on the 30th and back up the 3rd.

I’ve got quite a bit of family that will also be in town, but since I’m driving I’ll have my clubs and hoping to sneak out for a round either NYE or NYD. If anybody has recommendations or wants to get out, would love to try and make something work as it gets closer.

1 Like

That sounds awful to be honest…

Definitely not ideal, but neither is spending $800-$1000 on plane tickets for the wife and I…

1 Like

Played Belleair West this weekend, which just reopened to guest play after the ~$9M restoration work. They made some great changes. The greens are great (check out this wild restored Ross green!). Some really fun pins. And the land moves a lot more than other Florida golf I’ve experienced.

Excited to see it again (hopefully in the fall) after it grows in and they do the overseed.

15 Likes

@RMcCall

1 Like

Is that the 4th green then ? It looks awesome, excited to play it in January

2 Likes

Yep. Pretty arresting in person.

The work they’ve done is really great. They also restored an original creek that meandered through the property but got buried over the years. Really the only water in play other than the two holes on the intracoastal. Unique for Florida, obviously. And the restored cop bunkers are better described as large sandy mounds that define and frame a lot of the fairways. True hazards - no raking going on in there ha.

It needs to mature. The greens are a little too firm on the first bounce and they are still doing post-project details work, but it is very good.

3 Likes

They’re also going to be restoring the East course in two years.

do you mind me asking what the guest rate is? I played East a few weeks ago so wondering if there’s a premium for the new play.