Roll Call: Tampa Golfers

I am very much tentatively in for this. Need to figure out what family plans are for coming to visit and when I can sneak away. I feel like I should definitely be able to sneak away for one round while my parents are in town.

3 Likes

Okay, early results are in. Looks like weā€™ll shoot for a round on Blue on Monday, Dec 27th.

Informally, Iā€™ve got @lazyjk @DrJBone @DrJ @Big_RanDeer @bogeytax @OffTheDole @EricF @BaxterMSP @Schikolas

Looks like weā€™ll have 12 or 13. Iā€™ll plan on booking 4 tee times, so we have some room to grow.
Details to follow, but Iā€™ll shoot for like a 10-11am start, so that folks who have to drive donā€™t have to get up as early.

Comments/suggestions/ridicule are welcome.

7 Likes

Also @kblewis14 and @JDinDelray are possibles (hopeful!).

(And I had too many tags in the postā€¦)

1 Like

Monday, Blue? Yes sir! Lemme hit that sheet.

3 Likes

:raising_hand_man:

2 Likes

@Twirls4TheGirls where you at?

2 Likes

Also, put me with the group thatā€™s playing the Silvers.

1 Like

Right there with you, JD.

1 Like

Okay, the spreadsheet is active. Please populate!

Earliest I can get tee times is 21 days in advance. Iā€™ll call on Monday, Dec 6 and get a block of times. Wonā€™t know exactly when we can play until then. Stay tuned!

6 Likes

Are they doing the FL Resident holiday rate again this year?

1 Like

100% in on this. Currently looking at staying the night too. Anyone else thinking of doing the same and getting another round in the morning?

Unknown. They have done it every year the last 5-7. But canā€™t confirm.

@Schikolas - the room rate is $259 per the website. This makes me think they are doing a FL resident deal - thatā€™s inexpensive compared to their normal rates!!!

1 Like

I wish, but new job, not as much PTO, so itā€™s just a day trip for me this time.

1 Like

@bogeytax @dshaddy

2 Likes

I am a tentative. I should know soon

Hey yā€™all. Just wanted to link this in my hometown thread.

2 Likes

Few weeks into being a full time #champabay-erā€¦In St. Pete as of now. Any favorite public tracks? Anybody have good experiences w lessons/certain instructors in particular? Open to suggestions there as well.

2 Likes

St Pete doesnā€™t have a ton of public golf. Mangrove Bay is a quality muni and cheap as hell with resident discount card. Play most of my golf there. Iā€™ve also played Bardmoor and Seminole Lake. Nothing special but playable.

1 Like

For lessons, Matt Mitchell is as good as they come. Heā€™s at The Vinoy primarily but still teaches at The Downs in Oldsmar occasionally.

Super good guy and youā€™ll get a ton out of your hour with him.

I moved down just over a year ago. Dunedin is a good one. I play a lot at Seminole Lake and enjoy that course as itā€™s usually in good condition. Mangrove Bay is fun, but pace can be slow. Bardmoor is okay too. I havenā€™t worked with any instructors here so I canā€™t comment on that. Let me know if you want to get out sometime. I try to play every weekend.