Roll Call: Tampa Golfers

I second this - I had a really good experience there. Also agree that Pure Science is superior to True Spec.

2 Likes

Interested in signing up to play in the ReFLuge Cup, where can I find the deets / sign up?

3 Likes
3 Likes

Judging by the current numbers, looks like the East might have to consume the North and make this an East vs West battle since thereā€™s no South representation. That or we have to do some gerrymandering to @Twirls4TheGirlsā€™s map

6 Likes

I would say a good amendment would be to make anything south of Sarasota in the south division. Not sure how many people that would displace, though

2 Likes

Or you can get your fellow ā€œYankeesā€ to sign up. I mean youā€™ve got the biggest city in the state in your region. :joy:

1 Like

Heading to the Bradenton area next weekend from DC and have the green light from my better half to get out for a round somewhere.

Any suggestions for a single looking to play 18 within an hour or so of Bradenton? Fri/Sat/Sun all options.

Looking at IMG Academy, Timber Creek and Pinebrook Ironwood as nearby publics. Also considering a Streamsong run but that may be pushing it.

If anyoneā€™s up for joining up somewhere, Iā€™ll gladly regale you with tales from our summerlong DC/MD/VA quota challenge and treat you to a rousing display of bogey-sh golf.

Aka heā€™s only in if you play somewhere good

1 Like

IMG is fun as hell @2ndGuyStripeShow and I played it a few months back

@Big_RanDeer Thanks for the advice on IMG - will look at that one more closely.

@TB3Golf Yeah man, i donā€™t get out much and would love to play somewhere ā€œgoodā€ on vacation! If Iā€™m lucky if I can get in a couple quick 9 hole walks a month at my local muni. Also, with the Caps out, I donā€™t have to save $$$ for playoff tix any more like all the Lighting fans down there.

Looks like weā€™re staying close to the Key Royale Club - anyone know anything about it? The Google review that caught my attention was ā€œJust horrible too many old people.ā€

1 Like

Just FYI I wasnā€™t responding to you.

Key Royale is an executive golf course that does like 4 rounds a day. If youā€™re looking for good public courses, Lakewood national is going to be your best bet. I recommend going to Streamsong for sure.

@TB3Golf Sorry for the crossed wires there. Yesterday was really confusing between Phil winning and another early playoff exit for the Caps. Took your advice and went all in for streamsong - Lakewood was an hour plus, so figured the extra 20 min drive would be worth it!

2 Likes

more raffle bumping

1 Like

Head up to check out world woods tomorrow for the first time. Playing Rolling Oaks. Wanted to play Pine Barrens but itā€™s getting aerated this week. Really looking forward to it.

2 Likes

Looking at playing Dunedin GC on Tuesday afternoon. Anyone want to join?

I might be able to. What time are you going off?

Sometime after 1:00. Can be a bit flexible.

If you can do like 2:30 or later then Iā€™m in

Awesome, letā€™s do 2:42. I reserved two spots online. Looking forward to it.

Two openings for Dunedin Golf Club tomorrow if anyone else wants to join.

Presuming that line between West and South is the Lee/Collier county border?

And East/South is gonna be tough because itā€™s basically right through Port St. Lucie, which runs contiguously through Port Salerno and Stuart, honestly. Try putting PSL in the South - thereā€™s more of a demarcation between PSL and Fort Pierce.

Also, lucky I was haunting my friends in the Tampa Roll Call or I wouldnā€™t have even seen this.

2 Likes