Roll Call: St. Louis - Match Play Info Post 2739

Getting word that @HighCottonClub @FirstFlight and @PeachtreeCollective are organizing an event in Kentucky the weekend of September 24 for a little mini showdown.

Now this is the same weekend as the national roost event but in the event we don’t make it or have a group that wants to go send me a dm so I can gauge interest!

2 Likes

What part of Kentucky?

4 Likes

El Capitan from @HighCottonClub checking in about #TheExtiinction at Park Mammoth, target date September 24, in Park City, KY

Right now, we have some momentum with OAW, and a commitment to send some folks from @PeachtreeCollective … I’ve reached out to our Regional counterparts in NC, to see if they’d be able to make the trip

Park Mammoth is a newly re-opened design by Brian Ross that boasts 18 really good holes in a wide open valley, with your choice of which ones you consider great. You can check out our recap of the course and our first event out there, #TheExtinction, on Spotify by tuning into Dialed In: A Podcast by the High Cotton Club, but our Roost is begging for another event out there and we’d love to be able to get the hole course for 18 holes before switching it up and playing cross country style. As always with a High Cotton Club event, the gift bags will be siiick

If distance is a concern… Our southernmost members from Birmingham and said they wouldn’t hesitate to do it again.

6 Likes

I’m located in Evansville, IN and made the 2ish hour trip down and absolutely fell in love with this place. If anyone would like to try and set up a car pool or split gas, I’d definitely be interested

2 Likes

Cant state it enough how great this course is. I fell asleep every night for a week thinking abut each hole and the shots that I hit. As someone who hasn’t been to the dream course around the world this is as close as I have been to feeling what those places must be like. 10/10 would recommend!

2 Likes

I’ll be there.

4 Likes

Right at a four hour drive for me from Bama when I participated in the High Cotton event the first time around! However, the anticipation made the drive up feel like about an hour and the reliving the round on the way home made the drive even shorter! Did it all in a day and will definitely be doing it this time as well! This place is one of those special courses you can’t get enough of… and I promise, a time will be had!! So you St. Louis boys saddle up and come enjoy the experience!!

3 Likes

Did you stay the night or drive back same day?

I drove back same day. It was the last day of the soccer season, so I left at like 7am to set up a tailgate. We had a derby after the round, so I got back around 9/9:30

3 Likes

I noticed the rates for Gateway this weekend and next weekend are around $75 and I was curious if anyone knew why this would be the case. Seems like every time I’ve looked previously, morning weekend rates were always around $100 so I can’t help but wonder what the catch is for the $75 rate.

My first guess would be aeration…but not sure if its the normal time for that yet or not

1 Like

Would be awfully late to aerate, especially bent greens.

1 Like

Wife was watching some reality show with Nikki Glazer in STL tonight, wasn’t really paying attention til I looked up and saw a familiar site…total leopointing.gif moment. Good to see them get some exposure though.

4 Likes

If you’re on the fence, check out how beautiful this finishing hole is!

4 Likes

Split fairway? :eyes::eyes:

1 Like

That’s actually the first hole coming back. As @leftysauce can attest to, it’s a great spot to bail to on you’re approach and then stuff one to 3 feet.

Here is an arial shot of that 1/18 area with 17 in the background and 2 in the foreground.

4 Likes

Might as well be…. we’ve all been on 1 at some point while playing 18 :joy:

Actually that’s the driving range in the foreground above, with a glimpse of 2 on the far right of the frame. Great grab though @Douger23 , love that pic

2 Likes

Circling this event to make the trip up from the great state of Mississippi!

5 Likes

Let’s go @Webber !!!

1 Like