Roll Call: St. Louis - Match Play Info Post 2739

Just sent that over to you. @jpbncf is slacking on getting the front 9 made-up from PGA National though.

1 Like

I voted in the poll cause I just wanted to feel included. Looking forward to making the drive over from Peoria at some point to join in some sim golf with you sickos.

On a related note, we are set to close on a house there June 15th so after mid-June I will officially be in the Confluence golf club area.

7 Likes

Can I start a ā€œwatching the Masters while pretending to workā€ trend? Here is me rehearsing with the St Louis Symphony while watching Tiger almost ace the 6th.

17 Likes

What a flex!!! Luckily the piped in birds are silent otherwise they could mess with the 78 bars of rest before the triangle hit. Cymbal roll and maybe a bass drum?

5 Likes

Out. Standing.

Iā€™m curious whatā€™s on the program!

Checked to make sure the volume was off many, many times. Dvorak Symphony No. 9 this weekend. @scagnetti or others DM if you want tickets. This weekend or any other. Iā€™m guessing no one is interested in the Sunday 3 pm concert. :pensive:

5 Likes

Siiiiiick. Love The New World (or is that the new 8th according to the order that he completed them)?

My buddy played the timpani for this piece at Texas Tech when he was there and said he may not ever need to play in orchestra again. Turns out he really didnā€™t ā€” within a couple years he became a Franciscan friar in Rome. Still is.

I played percussion in marching band in Texas, and made all state for trombone my junior and senior years, and we played Dvorakā€™s Carnival Overture at regional orchestra concert one of those years, the only Dvorak I ever got to perform.

Congrats, I live in KC, and lurk and lure the STL boys in this thread but wish I could attend ANY date. Hearing The New World symphony live is a treat.

2 Likes

Great stuff!

Please send the screenshot of your rig for the Sunday 3pm concertā€¦

With a paying audience the rules are a little tighter. Generally I try to rush out and avoid my phone and watch on tape delay. Guess how that worked out in 2019ā€¦ā€¦

1 Like

Hey @camgriff2 @kevjones (any other Central IL lurkers)ā€¦ Any interest in trying to find a middle ground for a May Roost event?

@Jrembold and I were kickinā€™ around ideas in hopes we could get some reps with yā€™all!

Let us know, we want to get some May event traction here soon

5 Likes

100% in. Unfortunately my only free weekend in May is 7th-8th, so if that can work for others count me in.

1 Like

I think Motherā€™s Day weekend is gonna be a problem (for me at least!)

4 Likes

@chrismarz As much as I would love to my son has baseball tournaments every weekend in May. Ask me how excited I am about thatā€¦

4 Likes

Chances are they, unlike the Cubs, are trying to actually winā€¦. So thereā€™s at least some moderate excitement, right?

3 Likes

@chrismarz lets all calm down here.

Fingers crossed my DHGate Suzuki jersey arrives before big league pitchers figure him out

1 Like

They even lose poorly!

3 Likes

Playing Aberdeen tomorrow at 12:40 one spot open if anyone wants to join

1 Like
Sim league
  • Yes 5:00
  • Yes 6:30
  • No

0 voters

@Nickygifts @anon43372372 @chrismarz @jrer34 @Long_Left_Logan @jpbncf

Somehow unreasonably outraged at my being snubbed from the mentions.

At this point, my involvement is less interest than pure curiosity and now obsession. Which we can all agree is perfectly healthy.

2 Likes

Looking at the response - weā€™re at 100% no? Assuming they wouldnā€™t be pumped if I went in solo?

2 Likes