Roll Call: St. Louis - Match Play Info Post 2739

I booked it - now we just need to find a course and I need to regrip my 3 wood (and learn to hit my persimmons).

1 Like

@TehMe, heard through the grapevine that you might be an interested party for this as well.

1 Like

@anon43372372 since somehow you apparently donā€™t work before noon, if you are playing any of your famous morning 9 holes this week Iā€™m in.

3 Likes

Hahaha, very rare week last week. BUT - as the mornings start warming up, Iā€™m interested in a standing daybreak 9 somewhere.

2 Likes

Okay im gonna book it this week. We should get some lessons from @DivotPatterns gui is a stripe show with persimmon in his hand

3 Likes

Itā€™s been said Iā€™m the best persimmon player within a quarter mile of my house.

3 Likes

I canā€™t find any local company to fix my persimmonsā€¦ so Iā€™m out.

@Nickygifts @DivotPatterns - where are we playing? Looks like the weekend of the 17th or 24th works for me, preference on a Saturday or Sunday?

Yes, I could do this in DMs, but I want a fourth to feel the FOMO and jump in (or @chrismarz to source some new persimmons off of eBay).

3 Likes

I could do either of those weekends a super early tee time would be best for me

1 Like

I could do morning on 18th, or whenever on 24/25.

Golf legend Jack Nicklaus to renovate Normandie Golf Course

Jack Nicklaus and his renowned Nicklaus Design firm have agreed to renovate Normandie Golf Course, built in 1901 and one of the oldest public golf courses west of the Mississippi. Announced Thursday, itā€™s a philanthropic effort between Normandie, the Metropolitan Golf Foundation and partner Beyond Housing, the famed community development organization.
Nicklaus will donate his services, not only leading the design effort, but supporting the groupā€™s fundraising efforts to purchase the property from the University of Missouri-St. Louis as well as facility construction of the project. Upon completion, Normandie will become a Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Course.

Unrelated: why is the Metropolitan Amateur Golf Association still going by MAGA?

3 Likes

Nicklausā€¦ MAGAā€¦ it all makes senseā€¦

BARBARA!
Why is the 11th hole underwater?!?!
BARBARA!!!

4 Likes

Maybe he got confused and thought it was a Trump course

2 Likes

Immediately forwarded the email to my brother the same thought

As long as he doesnā€™t turn it into Stonewolf, Iā€™m good with it.

Letā€™s plan for morning of either the 24th or 25th, pending weather.

You guys have a course preference for persimmon play?

1 Like

Cool collab but strange. I have a feeling that it is going to price many ā€œregularsā€ out of their typical Normandie rounds

If anyone feels like chasing the sun with me, going out at 6:22 at Ruth Park for a persimmon round.

Am or Pm?!?

Sunrise baby