Roll Call: St. Louis - Match Play Info Post 2739

Hey everyone, just joining the Refuge after binging some Tourist Sauce. I am on the IL side but mostly play tournament golf in MO with the Metropolitan & USGA events. Up for a round anytime - looking forward to #getinvolved.

3 Likes

I have no idea how to feel about this. Hate to see such a great course used for #activations every 30 seconds.

3 Likes

Can Barstool not afford a better mic?

1 Like

No mic companies have offered to sponsor them yet so they are just using the one on their phone.

Also, of ALL the holes at the greatest course in the Midwest they chose #9?! Iā€™m not mad. Iā€™m just disappointed.

5 Likes

That was the first Barstool content Iā€™ve consumed since I lived in Boston and they had the newspaper sitting on counters at the Joshua Tree in Davis Sqā€¦

That was terrible.

2 Likes

I have an email out to youtube on what steps need to be taken to remove my view. Iā€™ll keep you updated.

He had 5 shots and used 4 of them to talk about sponsors. He made several veiled digs at Normandie (super fun to do in St. Louis thanks to institutional segregation and corporate tax manipulation). AND it looked like he hit into a twosome in front of him, but only managed to avoid them because he hit a 6-iron 2/3rds of the way up on his ā€œover the right side of this 150ā€™ treeā€ shot.

Thereā€™s so much golf content out thereā€¦ my distaste for Barstool aside, why is this popular?

3 Likes

Itā€™s going to screw up my algorithms for a while now, wonā€™t it?

Honestly you may as well create a new account.

2 Likes

:wave: new here to the Refuge. Live in St. Charles but play all around the Stl area. A couple guys on here recommended that I check this site out. So here I am. Cheers

6 Likes

#shrinkthegame

Booking times for this weekend and most courses are still charging peak season rates.

Itā€™s BS, though given the weather, itā€™s better golf now than in July/August .

2 Likes

Where is everyone playing this weekend?

@vwhitt88 and I played Sun Valley for the first time yesterday. Itā€™s a bit off the beaten track but was so fun.

1 Like

I played rake leaves all weekend. Not that you could tell if you looked now, but I was super successful for 10-15 minute stretches.

2 Likes

I feel ya @anon43372372. It was straight out of a sitcom. Rake rake rake, turn around and literally nothing to show for it.

2 Likes

Same - I was so proud and got home the next day from work and it was like I did nothing. Actually just ordered a lawn ā€œsweeperā€ that my father in laws neighbor has, nervously excited about it.

Home for Thanksgivingā€¦booked 8:50 tomorrow for myself at Aberdeen but three open slots per the website if anyone wants to brave the weather

2 Likes

@Jake_skud always says thatā€™s a magical place to find your game. He probably got a tingle when you booked, he can feel it in his bones whenever a refugee books there.

4 Likes

Not golf related, but Iā€™m moving this week, and if anyone has boxes Iā€™ll happily repay with a round at a metro area course!