Roll Call: St. Louis - Match Play Info Post 2739

Who is up for a round Thursday (8/27) late morning? Been watching our kids for the last 5 months due to COVID and my daughter starts kindergarten Thursday. Only in person school 2 days a week but I feel like I could use a round to celebrate surviving the summer (and my kids surviving me). Would love to play with some like minded golf nerds. I’m flexible on location. I’m in southwest STL county but can travel.

Me and @DivotPatterns are playing normandie tomorrow at 7:18 if anyone wants to join us hit me up

Annbriar is in mint condition, suggest getting out there ASAP.

2 Likes

Hey All, new guy here. Love seeing the STL area represented here. On the East Side, typically play Oak Brook, Belk Park, Tamarack. I stink (like 16-17) but always up for playing and getting better.

5 Likes

Welcome AND congratulations on effectively using the search function.

2 Likes

East Side here. Welcome

Buddy and I are coming up with a business idea around simulator golf. If you could sign up through a tee time system and play courses and participate in leagues and things would it be interesting? And what kind of price point would you be wanting?

Thanks in advance!

I did this in a league from work about 10 years ago. It was primarily a social club… not a golf only focus.

My 2 cents is if it’s targeted as pure golf (substitute for the outdoor event) then it might disappoint. If it’s a social event where occasionally swings are made, and the sim golf is somewhat secondary, then it’s a great time!

1 Like

Needing three more for tomorrow. 10:54 tee time at Crown Pointe. Anyone in?

Hey everyone. Been following NLU for about a year now, but its my first time hopping on the refuge. I’m about 20 minutes on the east side so mostly play IL courses, but am looking to explore more MO courses in the near future. As most people on here, I’m a golf junkie so I’m always looking for the next round. Lets go launch 'em.

3 Likes

On the East Side too. Welcome to the Refuge!

2 Likes

Haven’t played at Crown Pointe yet but have it on my list to try out. How is the layout/conditioning?

This paragraph sticks out a bit :flushed:

5 Likes

The same thing happened to Jeffrey Toobin last week. Wild.

2 Likes

Ha, came in to post that as well.

1 Like

All I wanna do is zoom -zoom -zoom -zoom and a boom-boom

https://youtu.be/u4whhkvNAtI

2 Likes

Really just don’t understand how Normandie continues to struggle. I play here all the time and it’s usually pretty well booked up. They need new cart paths and they need to fix some tee boxes. Grass the sand traps and trim a few trees. Otherwise course has been in great shape for what it is.

$1.5M seems like a steal for this too.

Welcome to the movement my dude! @Nickygifts and I play The Rock at least every week and spend the majority of the round talking about the little changes they could make that would make the place amazing.

3 Likes

Talking about how great Normandie could be and walking away with a double on either (or both) 10 or 11 is my favorite past time

2 Likes