Roll Call: St. Louis - Match Play Info Post 2739

We have room for two! Late morning

Wish I could, have to work, unfortunately. How late in the morning are we talking?

Between 1130-12

At thatā€™s even worse actually since I have an appointment in the afternoon. Oh well, another time.

Paging @jaygrizzle

That call was BS.

1 Like

Didnā€™t get a chance to watch tonight. Gonna have to catch a recap later on and catch up in the hockey thread. Iā€™m sure thereā€™s plenty of juice in there haha.

They completely missed itā€¦HOWEVAHā€¦icing the puck over and over is a tough, tough way to close out 2 minutes. As soon as Schwartz missed, it was like, ā€œhere we goā€¦ā€

Also, Jones was unreal in the third to keep them in it.

99% of the time I donā€™t like going after the refs just because itā€™s moving so quickly, but this was pretty obvious. Players make bad plays, refs make bad calls. Bigger issue is the review rulesā€¦wouldā€™ve literally taken 15 seconds to get it right. I donā€™t understand how they can review an offsides 30 seconds later but canā€™t look at that.

3 Likes

I could play on the 24th but would need to be done around 2. Any chance you could tee it up a little earlier? If not I could just play 9 and bolt.

I think @Brick is driving in that morning and wonā€™t make it until then. Sorryā€¦

Feel free to come out for 9 though!

Whatā€™s up fellas?! Great to see so many responses on STL golf in here.

I just joined the Refuge, so Iā€™ve got lots of catching up to do in here.

To keep it simple answering the initial question, AnnBriar is definitely my ā€œgo-toā€ public course around here, but I do love Gateway too. One that I donā€™t think anyone has mentioned yet is Far Oaks. Aside from the weird par 5 start and the fact that the last time I was out there the greens were a bit rough, I enjoy that course.

Hands down, my favorite private track is Boone Valley. Hard to go wrong with Old Warson, STLCC, Meadowbrook or Persimmon, though.

Love the idea of meeting up with a group and teeing it up one of these days!

@IlliniGolferHack we definitely gotta get out one of these days!

2 Likes

Great to see you on here Jeff!

We definitely need to get out sometime. Still canā€™t believe weā€™ve never played together

1 Like

Count me in for 9. Let me know if I need to book the tee time, or just tell me when to show up. Thanks for the inclusion.

1 Like

Iā€™ll set it up and let you know the exact teetime tomorrow! Feel free to get there early for the range if you would like, thereā€™s a wedge range and full range

1 Like

Annbriar and Gateway I like. Far Oaks Iā€™m not too bullish on, but I like how easy and cheap it is to get on weekday evenings when they donā€™t have leagues.

One thing I cannot stand is the Walterā€™s setup to charge walkers and riders the same. Itā€™s actually detracted me from playing their courses many times. Why the fuck would I want to pay for a cart if Iā€™d rather carry my bag?

3 Likes

Speaking of Walters, has anyone played Bogey Hills? Thoughts?

Far Oaks is a really fun track, lots of easy birdies. Itā€™s a confidence boost

Stonewolfā€¦ woof. Not my favorite

I did my bachelor party at Far Oaks as I had a pretty wide range of skills in my buddies. Had a great time. Perfect for a fun best ball tournament. Sadly donā€™t play there much any more as we moved west after kids. Play mostly Tapawingo, Pevely, and Aberdeen now.

Anyone gotten on at Sunset CC? My wife and I have some work connections to some members and hoping to get on soon.

I inquired about a membership at Sunset and got to play. Awesome members, wonderful clubhouse atmosphere, but the course is not fun at all imo. There were maybe 3 good holes out there.

Stonewolf stinks. $50-$70 for target golf and bad conditioning. Big pass.

And Iā€™ll ride for normandie just because I really do think it could be an awesome course, just not if Walters is managing it. The layout and routing are what really stand out. Unfortunately the conditioning and management (i.e. pricing) really do outweigh the potential of trying to elicit any sort of enjoyment from a round there.

1 Like

@Brick @jaygrizzle @wjames
11:33 teetime Glen Echo on the 24th
Brick youā€™re set up with rentals

Looking forward to it boys

3 Likes