Roll Call: St. Louis - Match Play Info Post 2739

Happy Birthday @TehMe !

1 Like

Does anyone have any insight into best/most affordable junior memberships? If going on golf course quality alone would be interested to get your ranking of Glen Echo, Norwood, Westborough, Bogey Hills. I’ve listed these as second hand knowledge on most affordable but would be interested to hear any others.

All great courses with different offerings, I would tour them all and play. They’ll usually give you a round as a prospective member. Do you want golf only, golf + social + pool, etc. also ask about the playing ability if you’re interested in competition. Most of those have a number of good players and they can get you invited to join the ‘games.’ From a budget standpoint, take your monthly dues and double it. It’s real easy to buy merch, food and beverage without taking out your wallet. Also get a feel for the social crowd, up scale, more relaxed etc.

Hi guis, just popping in to say hello after skimming through this thread. I have been thinking about my STL area golf days recently. I was at SIUE from 2011-2013 and played a good amount at Belk Park, Far Oaks, Fox Creek, among others. Not too many things I enjoyed more than grabbing a 6-pack of tall boys and going out to Belk Park for $20 and playing all the golf I could before dark.

4 Likes

I love Belk, what a great muni.

Tons of great memories from HS matches and tournaments there

1 Like

Got out for an early 9 at Hyde Park yesterday before work. It’s been awhile since I’ve played a dawn round, wasn’t ready for the changes in green speed based on whether they had dried out yet from the dew yet, but the greens were in great shape.

EDIT: Ruth Park

Where is Hyde Park? I’ve never heard of it

It’s what you call Ruth Park when you haven’t had your coffee and you used to live in South Chicago.

4 Likes

Dang, I thought there was a new muni to discover!!!

My family is thinking about the same things but due to virus probably postponing a year. Where do you live in the Lou?

Hey everybody. Long time NLU pod listener and during the pandemic I’ve been consuming a lot more of the video #content. I’ve become a huge Strapped fan as I grew up playing muni golf. I just discovered the message board a few days ago, and it’s great to see there looks to be a good-sized STL contingent here. I live out in St. Peters and I’m always looking for an excuse to get out for a round and meet some new folks.

3 Likes

Rock Hill, a mile away from Algonquin and Westborough.

2 Likes

Whoa, same. I live on the corner of Rock Hill and Hillchester. Are we neighbors?

@mentalmidget and @DivotPatterns should we set up a round? I’m a little west of you but not by far.

1 Like

@Nickygifts and I have a spot open for a 6pm tee time today at Ruth Park

Maybe a game of wolfhammer? Give a holler if interested in joining!

1 Like

@Nickygifts and I are playing Normandie tmr morning at 7:09. 2 spots open if anyone wants to book and join us!

2 Likes

Yeah I’m in.

Me and @DivotPatterns are play gateway Sunday at 2:21pm two spots open if anyone wants to join hit me up

Hey everyone, new around here (board, not stl), living in southampton, usually play around forest park post work during the week, or all around the bistate on the weekends. Getting tired of nagging friends into playing, so joined up. Never carried a HC, but likely around a 12-15. Would be interested in joining up for a game.

Also, heading down to the lake this weekend, have played Tanglewood (great course for the $$) & Innsbrook (fine, a little rougher around the edges than i expected) along the way, bear creek valley and the cove once at the lake(we stay near four seasons with friends). Any solid spots a single can get around without too much hassle that i’m missing out on?

Thank you! I’d enjoy that.