Roll Call: St. Louis - Match Play Info Post 2739

Yeah we would probably only play one of Annbriar and Gateway to keep costs low as much as I would live to play both, unless we played one of them later in the afternoon at the lower rate

Iā€™d play Gateway over Annbriar, just my two cents. Some stupid holes on Annbriar back nine.

Far Oaks is a really fun course and shouldnā€™t be too expensive. It was designed by a guy on C&Cā€™s staff and grandson of 1968 Masters champ. Itā€™s fairly easy, too, so you could make some birds or at least have a ton of fun!

2 Likes

They lost their greens last year and heard they are still terrible

Thatā€™s too badā€¦

As others noted, there are better courses out there, but trying to get in 9 at Highlands or 18 at Forest Park is worth it just for the history and area.

1 Like

So hereā€™s what Iā€™m thinking, feel free to chime in if this is a dumb itinerary.

Friday afternoon: Gateway
Saturday morning: Acorns
Saturday afternoon: Annbriar
Sunday: Forrest Park

Really trying to stay as close to the IL side as possible for my brother to get back to Springfield if needed with quick access to I 55. Forrest Park Sunday then makes getting home easier for me to Columbia and not terrible for them.

3 Likes

For Forest Park - try to get on Dogwood/Redbud for your 18, the other 9 (Hawthorn) is short/flat.

What does APC stand for on the Forest Park booking site? Just trying to do the math for everything
Edit: N/M figured it out

Better than last yearā€¦but still not great

Thatā€™s the best STL public golf you could play, well done

Any idea what happened there? Always loved the course but my last visit was a tough scene.

Check teeoff.com for an afternoon deal time at Annbriar. Have seen some around 1:30 lately. There is usually a 20% off code active each week as well.

Hi all, Iā€™m new to the Refuge and live in STL city (the Hill). Looking forward to getting to know folks on here. Iā€™m a 5.2, and have played most of the public courses around STL on both sides of the river.

4 Likes

No clueā€¦most of them are fine now, but a few have some spotty patches. Hopefully they get everything back because itā€™s one of my favorites to play.

Welcome! Weā€™ll have to get out for a game soon

I too have fallen off the Refuge for a while but need to get back and more involved. I blame 2 small children. Letā€™s get out and play. Hope all are well.

1 Like

Hey man good to see you back!!

1 Like

Played Far Oaks yesterday and was surprisingly pretty impressed with the greens. Can say they are definitely back and in much better shape than 2 months ago. Pretty dry out there right now too so fairways and greens were rolling pretty good

6 Likes

@TehMe did you win the free bottle of wine from the shotgun start idiots?!?!?

3 Likes

Shots fired!

2 Likes