Roll Call: St. Louis - Match Play Info Post 2739

Anyone thinking of playing Friday?

https://www.instagram.com/p/ClZsVhKun4C/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

@Mackmade absolutely killing it on this one! Somebody in here getting this?

5 Likes

May have to start putting lefty. Yum

2 Likes

First notepad of the new season @ConfluenceGC more news to come including (fingers crossed) season schedule and points race structure, sim league (starting Jan 1) and other ramblings.

14 Likes

It’s going to be fun to see how much worse your handwriting gets year by year.

8 Likes

@ConfluenceGC Indoor Sim Alert

The Ballwin Golf Couse is introducing our first ever Winter Golf League beginning on Jan 9, 2023. Our goal is to provide somewhere to play golf without feeling the bite of the winter air. Our first ever indoor season will consist of 10 rounds of golf that can be played at your own convenience during course hours before the end of the season (March 31, 2023). We are able to schedule around our operation hours if a big enough group can be gathered. Entry fee is $50 then $30 to be paid for every 18 hole round of golf at the golf shop at the tie of tee off. The Golf shop will select the 10 courses to be played before seasons start date. For any questions please call 636-227-2532. To sign up, go here:

3 Likes

Sweet! So is this league singles or team?

Singles but will be working to find a consistent night for us to all play together

1 Like

Normandie… “Reimagined”:

3 Likes

I want it to be on the record these changes suck. Old Norm was perfect.

6 Likes

RIP 13, maybe my favorite short par 4 in the area.

Sad to see that they’re planning on removing some bunkers that were previously decrepit only to put new bunkers in…

3 Likes

There are 8 fairway bunkers or greenside ones that are long (of 17 total)… total wastes for a place that should be looking to cut expensive maintenance… yet they removed the ones on 8 and 15! The only ones you ever strategized around! So dumb.

Some cool stuff here… maybe… that approach into the rerouted 2nd should be a fun shot and curious to see what 11 will look like.

I hate more than I like though. Like you said RIP 12 and 13… loved those holes…

2 Likes

Jack thought process designing:

1- Just like before we are going to kick your dick in right off the bat.
2- We didn’t like how you felt good after the 2nd hole, so we are going to punch you in the balls again, but give you a cool view so you think it’s fun.
3- We need to make almost all our par 3s the same distance, since I can’t change this hole, I’ll use that yardage for the others.
4- No one likes houses with character anymore, everyone is into that cookie cutter shit. So, let’s blow up all the character of old 4 and make it a long, narrow par 5
5- Damnit Barbara, I can’t make this hole 190. I just can’t do it!
6- Can we shrink the greens at all? Cool, may as well do that here.
7- Alright, alright. I’ll give into the woke mafia and give them some “short grass” as the kids call it around the green.
8- Short par 4, bunkers to guard people going for it, let’s get rid of those bastards. Also, let’s make sure we have the amateurs hitting driver right into another tee box. I think #2 is over there or something right?
9- Old 9 use to kind of suck right? Dope, we will leave it as is.

That’s all for now.

4 Likes

:rofl:

1 Like

FWIW I find the dick punch on #1 charming at Norm. I really appreciated standing on the tee with a random pairing and learning that they’ve never played there before knowing full well what they were about to experience.

6 Likes

Dick punch on 1 is great! Bc you knew that you had #2 coming up to get your feet under you.

I look forward to the update in July that will let everyone know the start of construction is pushed back to 2024.

6 Likes

None of this work will actually happen and they will still slap Jacks name on the sign

4 Likes

You’re right. We have more time with our sweet prince than we think.

5 Likes

Me, reading the “reimagining”

9 Likes