Roll Call: South Carolina Golfers

Well if you want to come to Gvl you are more than welcome at my club for sure.

Some public in Spartanburg like Woodfin Ridge would be ok. I’ll do some thinking.

1 Like

Shame your like 2.5 hours away so bit far for a round trip for dinner

1 Like

Glen Dornoch getting a lot of run during this Discover SC ad during the Palmetto Championship.

Ugh. I think I’m going to end up too busy this week to sneak up there. Come to Columbia next time!

Also. Enjoy the butt!

2 Likes

Public golf is pretty rough around here. Village greens and river falls are your best bets outside of Greenville

Woodfin is hit or miss.

I’d be happy to have yall out at cc of Spartanburg if I wasn’t tied up with work, maybe another time.

2 Likes

Interesting. I’d play Woodfin over either of those. River Falls is one of my least favorite courses ever.

5 Likes

I haven’t played either since covid. Woodfin had lost their greens my last time out so I could be completely out of line.

Don’t take my saying that as enjoying river falls by any means.

1 Like

Common ground for sure :rofl:. Been a long time for me for Woodfin Ridge.

Willow Creek and preserve at verdae both on golf now

:eyes:

2 Likes

Take @Wigglez up on this. Spartanburg is great!

2 Likes

Woodfin replaced their greens last summer and were rolling pretty good when I got dragged into a captain’s choice tourney there several weeks ago. I guess I would give it the nod as best public option in this area currently. Village is in the best shape I’ve ever seen it in (grew up across the street), but is just too crowded and some of the holes out there can really get under people’s skin (rightfully so). I’ve always viewed River Falls as an abomination. Links O’ Tryon is decent but forgettable.

1 Like

I will schedule visits to my family in Travelers Rest around your availability.

Just kidding but that is very cool of you, @Wigglez.

1 Like

That is incredibly kind! Been up here for over a decade and have always wanted to see that place. Hope to make it happen one day!

1 Like

Played Musgrove yesterday in an event. It was in great shape. Still a very tough test.

8 Likes

The Ray Charles designed double dogleg par 5 18th is my personal favorite at VG. It is in way better shape than ive ever seen it to your point.

3 Likes

I nominated that bad boy over in the Worst Holes thread. So bad.

2 Likes

I’ve never played at CC of Spartanburg but have eaten there a number of times and every single time I do the mental math to join as a social member. The food is soooo good.

1 Like

The CLC Match Play has a SC division. Signup if you’re interested.

2 Likes

Taking the lazy way out and not reading through the whole thread. Will be in Charleston from 7/1-7/5 and looking to play a few rounds. Just booked Charleston National, anyone have any other recommendations? We’re staying in Mt Pleasant.

1 Like