Roll Call: South Carolina Golfers

Paging Rev. @dmmcgaha

HEY YO!

I’ll send you a pm - theres quite a few of us in greenwood.

1 Like

Hey gents, heading to Charleston next Thursday the 15th from Knoxville, TN. Thinking about stopping along the way for 9 holes. We will be driving straight through Spartanburg and just outside Columbia. Any courses that are worth a 9 hole detour on the way down? My guess is we’d be passing through mid-day.

Only place I’ve looked into so far is the USC Cobblestone Park, if that ends up being the play, which 9 do you recommend?

edit: fixed some grammar

Cobblestone is not exactly on your route from Knox to CHS.

Mid Carolina is right off of I-26 and I think is open to the public that day.

@tigergolftraveler do you have any other suggestions?

Not really on the public side @BaylorC

Possibly Woodfin Ridge in Spartanburg would be ok. Haven’t played there in 5 years or so though.

@BaylorC

I played woodfin last year. It was acceptable. And it’s right off the highway so super convenient. Pretty standard upstate course, good bones and some goofy holes.

1 Like

Furman’s golf course is about 40-45 minutes off I-26. If you have the time it’s worth the drive

1 Like

Ended up booking as a single @ The Walker Course for 7:50am 6/17. As of right now the other three spots are open.

2 Likes

Eager to hear what you think about it.

@EZmiss alright, it’s happening, officially pledging my South Carolina loyalty. Please add me to PCC.

5 Likes

Suck it @FirstFlight

1 Like

Was it the logo?

2 Likes

Hey folks…my brother and I are heading down to South Carolina for some golf next month. We are playing Kiawah on one of the days and was curious if anyone had any caddie recommendations?

Brandon Twigg. Played with him in some practice rounds and SCGA stuff. Nice guy, think he’s still there.

1 Like

Hi all!

I’m a Raleigh native, but it looks like I’ll be spending the summer down in Myrtle Beach. Is there a Group Chat or a Group someone can add me in to get some rounds in this summer? Thanks in advance!

Noah

Been subscribed to all NLU content for years but just now getting into the refuge. I live in the Charleston area and have played mostly as a single since moving here 1.5 years ago. I joined the whatsapp groups, hoping get into some rounds or events with everyone.

4 Likes

Welcome. Just added you to the PCC so you should have access to our little area. We have a fair amount of guys in Charleston, but they admittedly don’t play enough. You put the word out though and you’ll get some guys to join you for sure.

Anybody ever taken lessons around the Columbia/Aiken area. Around a 9 handicap and would love to get down to a 5 but feel like lessons are going to be essential. Thanks in advance

1 Like

The Walker Course was great. The conditioning was the best I’ve played on for a university course. 18 still under construction was the only knock.

2 Likes

The biggest gripe I have is how hard of a walk it is.

And that @FUwolfpacker and @tigergolftraveler met me on the first hole in a cart

1 Like