Roll Call: Sacramento, CA tour sauce junkies....where you at?

Attention RACDG NorCal Roost membersā€¦

1 Like

Might be the first Stockton Check-In! I play around a 14, nothing too official. Happy to join

1 Like

Hey Gang,

Dropping this here for anyone that might be interested.

I have been toying around with some old hickories since Xmas when I raided the old manā€™s collection. Iā€™ve just about got a full set together and Iā€™m committing to playing in my first Hickory tournament at Haggin Oaks in Sac on April 9th and 10th.

If anyone wants to get out and play some hickories sometime let me know.

1 Like

Grass Valley here! I play Darkhorse in Auburn frequently, as well as the Ridge. Also known to frequent Haggin, Teal Bend, Whitney Oaks, and Turkey Creek. Iā€™m a 19hcp after beginning in May 2020 and steady grinding.

3 Likes

Dude what is up Tres Jacque! My grandparents used to live in Lake Wildwood.

1 Like

I hear Lake Wildwood has a nice golf course! Iā€™m a transplant to GV, been living here for 7 years. Itā€™s a great location for easy access to Truckee golf in the summer when the weather gets too hot and Sacramento golf on the winter when itā€™s rainy and snowy. When the weather is good here, we have multiple options locally!

1 Like

Nice! Iā€™m in Rocklin always down for a game.

1 Like

11:40 Thursday at Darkhorse woth @3jackbirdie if anybody wants to join

2 Likes

Buellerā€¦ Bueller?

1 Like

11:40 on a Thursday? Iā€™m clearly in the wrong line of workā€¦

2 Likes

Hey Gang, the homies and I have another year of golf tournaments planned in and around the Sacramento area this spring and summer. I call it a ā€˜beer leagueā€™, mostly just for fun. Weā€™ve got a few 4-5 Hdcps, a few 20+ but most of us live in the 10-14 range. Great to bring out a buddy who maybe doesnā€™t play much but wants to gamble and play some competitive golf in a low stress setting. Itā€™s been a blast the last few years and weā€™re always looking to meet new folks looking to have a good time. Weā€™re getting pretty organized this year, weā€™ve got a website and iā€™m trying to learn how to use instagram properly. First event is a two day game playing a modified Vegas at Empire Ranch on Saturday 4/30 and a scramble sunday 5/1 at Haggin Oaksā€™ Allister Mackenzie course. Check out 3offthebox.com or send me a DM if youā€™re interested.

2 Likes

The family and I are headed to Sac first weekend of April. Where should we play?!

2 Likes

Haggin Oaks
Darkhorse
The Ridge
Turkey Creek

6 Likes

Mario, not sure what your ā€œfamilyā€ consists of but Bradshaw Ranch and the Bing Maloney Express 9 are super fun for kids. Easy.

4 Likes

Solid recommendations. My picks arenā€™t exactly family oriented, more of a greatest hits compilation, I suppose. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Not sure the age of the kids but we really like taking to little one to Land Park in downtown Sacramento. Great vibes for a kid, only 9 holes easy walk. Plus youā€™re right across from the zoo and Fairy Land and as the name suggests the golf course is literally in a big park. Itā€™s a great place/zone to spend the day with good food options near by as well

3 Likes

I have six year old but he walks 18 with me easy. Heā€™s been on some pretty good courses. He has a YOC so we can get him on most places for cheap. He also loves the zoo. So all great recommendations. Thank yā€™all.

In particular Guntherā€™s Ice Cream

2 Likes

If anybody is up for some bright and early muni golf, I got two spots at Bing Maloney at 7 am this Sunday.

1 Like