Roll Call: Sacramento, CA tour sauce junkies....where you at?

Any thoughts or concerns about living in Fair Oaks or Citrus Heights? I flew out for a couple days it was close to work but if there’s any local knowledge it would be appreciated!

Local John Caitlin with a win on the Euro tour!

Hey Guis. I moved to Chico 6 weeks ago from DC, and I’ve been playing in the Chico/Oroville/Corning area for the past few weeks, but will finally have an excuse to come down to Sac on Mothers Day (Sunday, May 9th) to drop my wife off at the airport. If anyone wants to show me around Teal Bend at 1:30 PM, I just grabbed a foursome. Let me know.

I’ll be down this weekend tentatively looking for a game somewhere on Friday while my lady is at work if anybody is down

Wish I could’ve made it out today. Would love to tee it up another time.

Anyone interested in a twilight round at Yocha Dehe Saturday? I’ve got 3 open slots at 3 40.

Hello! Recently got into the NLU podcast (been following them on Twitter forever) and in the last few months I have reinvigorated my love for golf (played in high school, but not much once I got to college).

Anyway, been playing a lot of the local muni tracks (Haggin, Bing Maloney) as I’ve been getting my game back in shape. I have that itch again and it is wonderful.

Been living in Midtown for five years now. If anybody is up for a round with a high handicapper, let me know! I don’t have any friends in the area that golf, so looking to meet some new people.

1 Like

Welcome!!! I really enjoy Haggin. William Land is a fun 9 holer. The Bing Maloney express nine is a fun stroll too. Sacramento is an underrated golf city.

1 Like

Just wanted to let you guys know that my girlfriend started going to Thursday evening ladies night at Haggin Oaks and is loving it. If any of your wives or girlfriends are looking for a really fun inclusive way to get into the game it’s coming highly recommended by her.

2 Likes

Last two day league game we’re doing this year:

I’m surprised that I don’t see mention of Arbuckle CC on here…

Anyone else think this quirky 9-hole track is a lot of fun?

1 Like

Hey all! Didn’t realize this thread was still alive! Hope everyone is out there playing some golf! Where have people played lately?

Just saw this. Had the same thing happen at Haggin a couple years ago, only they stole my ENTIRE FUCKING BAG! They couldn’t have cared less, they literally said “yup, happens all the time. We’ll give you 10% off the new clubs you apparently need.” Fuck that place, I won’t every spend another dime/second there.

Glad to see some action in this thread. After prepping for months since my wife accepted a new job out there, we’re finally moving out to Sac (East Sac) in a couple weeks. Looking forward to getting out there and playing some golf!

Though my wife is from the Bay Area, I’ve lived on the east coast my whole life so interested to play the different style courses than I’m used to and, of course, deal with the insane heat! Most recently have been in Philly (3 years), DC (5 years), and grew up and went to school in New England.

3 Likes

Hey guys! I hope you’re golfing more than I am, it’s getting damn hot out there! Out in Folsom we’re spending more time on the water than the golf course these days. Time for mountain golf in the cool air. Playing like shit lately so hopefully a weekend of golf on the calendar will get me practicing again. Would love to get some Refuge representation at our weekend buddies league.

Here’s the link for anyone interested.

At Haggin now. They’ve got shot trackers on every range bay. Tracks to all the targets, by club and give ball speed trajectory carry distance etc etc. Pretty cool!

2 Likes

hey I was there last night too (got there at like 8 & left at like 9:30) but ya putting shot tracker on the range is an absolute game changer

1 Like

I was there at the same time. Down to the left

It’s pretty impressive. Wonder how accurate it is though, I thought some of the yardages were off (overestimating, not under). Still a great addition.

Hey all, new poster (but long time pod lister) here in Folsom.

1 Like