Roll Call: Sacramento, CA tour sauce junkies....where you at?

Last two day league game we’re doing this year:

I’m surprised that I don’t see mention of Arbuckle CC on here…

Anyone else think this quirky 9-hole track is a lot of fun?

1 Like

Hey all! Didn’t realize this thread was still alive! Hope everyone is out there playing some golf! Where have people played lately?

Just saw this. Had the same thing happen at Haggin a couple years ago, only they stole my ENTIRE FUCKING BAG! They couldn’t have cared less, they literally said “yup, happens all the time. We’ll give you 10% off the new clubs you apparently need.” Fuck that place, I won’t every spend another dime/second there.

Glad to see some action in this thread. After prepping for months since my wife accepted a new job out there, we’re finally moving out to Sac (East Sac) in a couple weeks. Looking forward to getting out there and playing some golf!

Though my wife is from the Bay Area, I’ve lived on the east coast my whole life so interested to play the different style courses than I’m used to and, of course, deal with the insane heat! Most recently have been in Philly (3 years), DC (5 years), and grew up and went to school in New England.

3 Likes

Hey guys! I hope you’re golfing more than I am, it’s getting damn hot out there! Out in Folsom we’re spending more time on the water than the golf course these days. Time for mountain golf in the cool air. Playing like shit lately so hopefully a weekend of golf on the calendar will get me practicing again. Would love to get some Refuge representation at our weekend buddies league.

Here’s the link for anyone interested.

At Haggin now. They’ve got shot trackers on every range bay. Tracks to all the targets, by club and give ball speed trajectory carry distance etc etc. Pretty cool!

2 Likes

hey I was there last night too (got there at like 8 & left at like 9:30) but ya putting shot tracker on the range is an absolute game changer

1 Like

I was there at the same time. Down to the left

It’s pretty impressive. Wonder how accurate it is though, I thought some of the yardages were off (overestimating, not under). Still a great addition.

Hey all, new poster (but long time pod lister) here in Folsom.

1 Like

Welcome, Zach. I know its technically not Sacramento, but our Bay Ayrea thread is a bit more active in terms of NorCal discussion.

1 Like

Thanks, I will participate in both.

Looking forward to putting a peg in the ground with y’all

1 Like

Hey Sac golfers. I posted this in Bay Area thread but same applies to anyone in Sacramento too!!

2 Likes

Hi Zachary. Welcome to the area. I met another guy on here who now lives in Folsom. We play at Empire Ranch from time to time. I live in El Dorado Hills. If you’re ever looking to play there let me know and I’ll let you know when our next planned time is. We usually try to get in 9 after work and occasionally play a few on the back if that’s something that works in your schedule.

John

1 Like

I’m in, definitely let me know.

My daughter (plays HS golf) plays Empire a lot.

Any real estate guys and/or contractors in here?

I’m five minutes from Empire if you ever need a 2nd, 3rd, 4th etc…

Kind of.

‘sup.

1 Like

Well, I’m building a house up here in Humboldt and the market is so crazy I might just sell. Might be insane but I’m considering doing a flip after that. I know market is on fire down there too so wondering if that’s a stupid idea basically lol. Amongst other questions