Roll Call: Pittsburgh and Western PA

We just played this week and won for the second year in a row! Always our favorite team event of the year, good luck!

We played this weekend too. Greens were complete shit. Just punched. Back 9 still had sand on them, hole 11 had just holes. Tough scene for $250 per person

1 Like

100%. We played up there a couple weeks ago and the front had just been punched and the back hadn’t been touched. We knew it would be done for the BC which was a joke. I’ve never seen a course do their greens 9 at a time, and this late in the season. Definitely a tough scene.

1 Like

Congrats on the win!! It makes it hard to come back next year, that’s 2 years in a row playing the BC on punched greens.

1 Like

Couple of updates for Yinz:

Thanks to @CountofClifton for setting up the 5 iron meetup last night and everyone who showed up! @bert @BTonk3 @Zweaver (Pic at the bottom of post)

Early idea for next season: Whether or not we get an official Roost we’re going to try and plan a season long monthly match play league starting ~April (with rotating courses and opponents). Ideally this would create seeds we could then use for an end of season event. Details are obviously very early stage, but if you’re interested, please fill out the spreadsheet here:

Roost Name (if accepted): We’ve decided to move ahead with Incline Club. We’ve got someone working to make the logo and swag will soon follow.

Hopefully we’ll have some good news in the coming weeks… until then, try to enjoy what little nice weather we get before winter arrives and we’re all relegated to traveling or simulators for a few months.

11 Likes

First time playing at Pittsburgh Field Club today. The 2” of rain from Friday softened the course up a ton and the cold today made the course play quite long. Hope to get back here sometime to play it under normal conditions!

12 Likes

Just curious if I could get in on this without being in the WhatsApp group?

1 Like

Absolutely! The WhatsApp will be our main discussion media for now but I’ll post the important updates here to make sure everyone is in the loop.

Why?

Not everyone has — or wants to get — WhatsApp. It’s for an NLU Roost, no?

Cool thanks added my name to the list!

1 Like

As I said, for now. It was already established with a good amount of people and is a convenient group texting method to get things started. It’s a little quicker to communicate about outings and get togethers on short notice than rely on people checking this every day.

We’ve also thrown out the idea to potentially get something like a discord up and running once numbers and commitment are better established as it allows for more organized communication.

2 Likes

Personally love the discord idea but could be swayed to joining WhatApp if it will help make some new golf friends! haha

Okey dokey.

Hey everyone! Just a reminder to please mark on this spreadsheet if you are a Nest member!!! @Double_Bogey_Dave asked us to make sure this number is as big as possible so I’m guessing there are a number of you that missed that column!

4 Likes

Anyone have any winter golf trips planned? The weather turn has me sad that the season is over…looking for ideas

2 Likes

I am investigating an early spring trip to the pinehurst area. But another refugee swears by a few days at talking stick and then Vegas. I don’t know that I can hang with him, but he is one of a kind.

2 Likes

Im in carolinas for work until about the 10th of dec. Planning on doing 2 or 3 days of golf in pinehurst area after before back home to NY. Come on down.

1 Like

Heading to Sweeten’s in late-January then thinking Pinehurst in late-March or early-April. I have a few trips for work coming up in Palm Springs, L.A. and Scottsdale between now and February so looking to add on some golf to those for sure.

4 Likes

I’ve decided to do a winter Myrtle Beach trip in January - temps are in the mid fifties and everything is crazy cheap. Will report back once it’s complete

4 Likes

Id say until March the prices should be reasonable. Remember the grass is dormat. Some courses over see l seed but seems like with prices maybe not as many as usual. Yellow balls show up better on the brown dormat grass, i think. Lol might be in the 60s!

1 Like