Roll call: Phoenix/Scottsdale

In the paradise valley area at first, with someone i got hooked up with, before i find somewhere else

I live near PV and would certainly be up for any meetup if we can get some Refugees together. Let us know when you’re down here, for sure.

2 Likes

I also just had an old friend from the Denver area move out here, he lives in the same area as me (right near Paradise Valley mall). I’m sure he’ll be looking to get out and play some golf.

October is the worst. Weather is getting good but courses are either closed for overseed or have just reopened and not worth playing yet. November is a good season.

I work walking distance from PV Mall, twilight at Stone Creek (which is closed and looks absurdly green right now)

Definitely interested for a November meetup somewhere.

Also as an FYI during the October lull, True Spec Golf in Scottsdale has free full bag (but no putter…) fittings thru Oct 31st if you email their customer service and just mention you saw their Instagram Ad.

1 Like

Interest on something on November 2 to run alongside the Cincinnati Open? @matthew823 @KMola14 @shonseymp (if you’ll be down here yet) @LVQinAZ @dmarcucilli @StackAndJilt

One day of golf is definitely an easier sell than a weekend-long trip to Cincinnati. And there’s nothing on my calendar (yet) for that day. So sure!

I won’t be able to make the 2nd, I’ll be in New York watching my wife run in the New York City Marathon. Hopefully I’ll be able to make the next outing

I have family obligations all day tomorrow.

FYI, as mentioned above, this is the oversseding season here. A lot of courses are closed. Others are either just about to close in which case they may have stopped watering or have scalped fairways or greens. Courses that have already overseeded and reopened may have slow/shaggy greens and will be cart bath only.

The AGA posts an overseed schedule here (though some courses don’t always stick to the schedule they submitted, but it gives you an idea at least). Best bet is if you’re interested in a course just to call the shop and, if they’re open, find out what shape they’re in.

I could get down with that. What/where are you thinking??

Honestly, probably just a casual Saturday round, if we could get a couple tee times…even better

I’m fairly open to anywhere as well, can try to centralize it as to not make anybody drive too far

Papago is as central as anything but it will have just reopened so it’s probably not a great option.

Other vaguely central options could be:
Talking Stick
Phoenician
Camelback
McCormick Ranch
Short Course at Mountain Shadows

Will do! Heading down the 26th of October, few days to drive

Unfortunately don’t think I’ll be able to do that with working

Any feedback from the AZ refugees here on typical course conditions in late Nov? Thinking about flying down fro MN for a weekend and playing around the Phoenix/Mesa area. Thanks!

Conditions will be great, rates will reflect that. Expect to be around $150 for a fairly routine golf course, but you can definitely find better

1 Like

I highly recommend playing Ak Chin Southern Dunes and We Ko Pa Saguaro when you’re down there.

3 Likes

Yeah, I’ve looked into both of those. My buddy is cheaper than I am so hopefully I can find rates that won’t price him out. Interested to see how the courses look in Nov. compared to the usual Jan. trip.

1 Like

He should like Southern Dunes then, it’s probably the best value in the area. We Ko Pa would be a splurge, but just sell him on the width, angles and strategy of C&C. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I just played Gold Canyon on Sunday and could not have been more pleased. Course was in pristine condition and only about $90. The only downside is that its way out East, but if you don’t mind a little driving, then it is worth it.