Roll call: Phoenix/Scottsdale

Greetings PHXers!

Funny story; I am currently on a flight to Phoenix for a few days of golf (we-ko-pa saguaro and cholla, AkChin southern Dunes, and The Raven)…

As a matter of fact, I barely made this flight, and in “barely making it” I missed the cutoff to check my golf clubs by 9 measley minutes!

So… Does anyone happen to have an extra set of men’s right-handed clubs that they would be willing to loan or rent me? (Obviously rental clubs are available at the courses, but this 9 minute mistake is gonna cost me $250 plus tax all said and done if I’ve gotta rent clubs 4 times)

Who wants to be my golf club savior?

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Big shout out to the rapid response from our fellow Nesticle, @jknudtson, who so graciously loaned me a set of clubs and surreptitiously saved my ass from my airline vs golf club debacle. Thanks for looking out for a fellow Refugee! Gratitude!

8 Likes

Played my first Scottsdale round today at TPC champions. Teed off at 3:03 and was done at 6:20. It was fantastic.

7 Likes

Jealous of the weekday rounds!

1 Like

Found on Hole 6 @ Saguaro
I believe this belongs to a SW Roost Runner

2 Likes

Haha, no tee order has been placed for our roost

3 Likes

That’s a heck of a coincidence then haha

4 Likes

Anyone want to get out and play this weekend?

I may be able to sneak away for an afternoon round either day.

1 Like

Anyone playing this afternoon? I can play any time after 1pm.

awesome course, pace is usually much better than stadium

Tee’d off at 3:03 and finished at 6:20. Pace was fantastic.

1 Like

saw that. love the course…broke 80 for the first time there

1 Like

Ended up playing McCormick Ranch today and honestly, hated it….

1 Like

Palm or Pines?

Palm

Havent played it yet, but wasnt interested in all that water when i saw it

I play the pines course somewhat regularly. Some people hate it, I like it but I’m also a fan of muni type courses that are rough around the edges

Palm felt hard for the sake of being hard. It was so firm and fast and had so many hazards, slopes, etc that it just felt like there was no way to play well. I’m a 15 handicap, so not great, but I absolutely couldn’t keep a ball on the green at all.

1 Like

Very small greens around McCormick Ranch (and many of those greens have some extreme slopes). I think that’s a lot more of the challenge than the water (though there’s plenty of that out on the Palm course as well). But, yeah, old Dez Muirhead was a take no prisoners kinda guy. Also, courses were build in the early 70s and I’d bet the greens have shrunk some over the years and certainly are running faster than anyone could have expected 50+ years ago.

1 Like

I want to give a huge public thank you to @pushdraw for the awesome round today at MVCC. I am in love with that course and you guys were great company. I will play with you and the boys anywhere any time. Perfect ending to my Scottsdale trip. Hit me up if you ever get to the PNW.

5 Likes