Roll call: Phoenix/Scottsdale

Update for anyone not following the 2/11 event thread.

We are on the books for Aguila starting at 8am for two rounds at the 9 hole course, and then we have tee times starting at 12pm for the 18 hole course.

Price is $115 per player.

If you have already signed up, please open up the google doc and confirm you are still able to attend.

Throwing a few @s in to the wild for some locals who may be interested in a one day event over a longer term thing

@sub150 @LoneStar @69kv @jimmay @jknudtson @Eariion

Unfortunately can’t committ to that date, otherwise would be very interested!!

I’m in the same boat. Wish I could, but can’t that weekend.

Out on that date.

If you’re talking Feb 11, Im out. Flight home is on Jan 21.

Anything before the 21st Im game :sunglasses:

Anyone want to get a four some together for this weekend?

I could probably play either day if we could get a time at Cave Creek. If someone out there has a time already, and needs a player let me know.

Wish I could, but family is in town. I’m game for other weekends down the road.

That’s a Friday, correct? Just making sure I have the correct date in front of me.

Correct, Friday 2/11

Gotcha.

Just getting caught up on the whole roost thing and want to get more involved thus year but will have to pass on this one being on a week day.

No problem. In the future, we’ll probably shoot for a weekend for events like this.

1 Like

Hey guys - coming into the area in May. Flying in Thursday morning for bachelor party and some of us are sneaking in a round before our Airbnb is available that day. We are playing Troon North (allegedly) during the trip but have no other golf planned.

Where is a good place to play between PHX and SCF or near SCF (Burnevante according to google maps) since that is where we are staying?

I feel like an idiot, but WTF is SCF? haha

Upon a cursory google search, is this a Scottsdale airport code?

1 Like

Yes. I now realize it appears to be a tiny ass airport and may not be recognizable by the call sign haha

Fun fact, the runway is longer than MDW’s, so it ain’t tiny but it is private and mostly for rich people. Also I think it is SDL to the FAA, but that is neither here nor there

Looks like the neighborhood you’re in is on Cactus just W of the 51, right?

In that immediate area and like 5 min from the house (and in my own personal order of preference)

1. Stonecreek
  2. Starfire
  3. Orange Tree

You’re 10-15 min from (in varying directions) (no order of preference here)

1. TPC ($$$)
  2. McDowell Mountain Ranch
  3. Talking Stick (36 here)
  4. McCormick Ranch

Also, I really enjoy Mountain Shadows, 18-hole par 3 course with party carts and good for all skill levels

Also also, not sure what it is about Troon North, but I have a hard time recommending it to people for how expensive it is

If you’re OK with a little drive and paying up a little bit – I highly recommend WeKoPa in its place

2 Likes

Also in the area is Camelback GC. They have 36 holes. Ambiente is definitely the better of the two courses there.

(Much) more expensive than the Stonecreek/Starfire/Orange Tree options, but also much better golf.

Also, FWIW, I also recommend WeKoPa over Troon North. A bit more of a drive. I would guess it might actually be slightly less expensive, though it’s hard to guess what TN’s variable rates will be in the height of March (I’d say the height of Spring Training but lolz, not this year. Spring Break still, though.)

1 Like

May, not March…but I’m still worried rates are going to stay high especially after the demand that courses saw last summer

The good news is WKP publishes their rates, and I don’t think they’ll change em, whereas Troon North is “dynamically priced”

Still not sure what the difference between column 1 and 2 is but 3 is AZ rate

If I had to hazard a guess, I’d think TN will still be like $250+

1 Like

My reading comprehension has sucked all day, sheesh.

Edit. The WKP rate difference is about booking window but I had it backwards. You pay less if you book earlier (the opposite of a lot of places but whatever). So if you book 8-90 days out, then it’s $130. If you book closer, then it’s $145.