Roll call: Phoenix/Scottsdale

I vote for swapping NW and central given Papago is in poor shape and oddham will be closed for two weeks. We could switch talking stick to August and take advantage of that underpar deal that was linked.

The beginning of July looks to be the popular aeration times of the courses I’ve looked into for the NW, and across the valley.

Quintero was punched in June, but not your typical summer rates. Still around $75+, and quite a drive for most.

Not sure if we just want to change July to a “Wild Card” month where you can play anywhere, but still have to make a decent effort to try and play with another refugee? Can still try and organize a multi-foursome meetup or two.

Verrado would work (very very west but hey). Victory was already aerated in mid June, Founders in late June. I think they have an UnderPar deal as well. Another west side option would be Wigwam. Since they have 54 holes surely one of their courses is available all of July.

Looks like the Wigwam Red course was aerated in June and is available all of July. It is walkable (minus 5 min cart ride to 1st tee) if anyone’s willing, has trees to provide some extra shade during the round, and pretty budget-friendly if summer/transition conditions linger.

Do we just pull the trigger on this one for July?

1 Like

Wickenberg ranch was aerated early June as well so seems it would also be a good option.

The Blue course has always been my favorite, but all the Wigwam courses are solid. Wigwam tends to keep the courses in very playable shape during the summer months the last couple years.

Its gonna be a bit of drive but I’m for either of the Verrado courses or Wigwam. Wigwam might be more enjoyable, as it is much more forgiving off the tee.

I am not deciding

Wow, excuse my Az golf ignorance I didn’t realize how far out there wickenberg ranch was!

I’m all for Wigwam or Verrado. Maybe we decide based on what has a better block of tee times?

Verrado founders or victory for Saturday 10th: block of times starting at 8 @ 64 a player

Wigwam blue (only 6000 yards?): block of times starting at 8:16 for 39 a player

Lets get a poll started and run it through a couple days to see where everyone’s preference is.
Edit Note: Wigwam Blue is aerated in the middle of July.
You have up to 2 votes.

• Verrado Founder
  • Verrado Victory
  • Wigwam Blue
  • Wigwam Red

0 voters

Wigwam Blue will be aerated in the middle of July.

1 Like

Didn’t finish reading all the posts or see the poll before replying haha. Let’s just make it Wigwam Red and call it a day.

1 Like

Looks like wigwam blue will be closed 7/12 to the end of July

Gold reopens on the 12th. It was closed for aeration 6/21 to 7/11, not sure if the over two week closure means it comes out of aeration more playable.

Go Suns. Ok bye

2 Likes

Go Sun.

2 Likes

Hey all! Joined the nest a few months ago but haven’t gotten around to posting. I live in the Mesa area, 8.1 handicap, looking to join in on the meetups happening in the future. Go suns!

5 Likes

Are we going to be doing a northern course at any point? These 40 mile drives make it a bit harder for me to fit the rounds into my schedule, gotta ad 90 min commute to the round time!

You live where the expensive courses are!

We do have August ear-marked for the N / NW, but there were names thrown out like Verrado, Sterling Grove, or Wickenburg…so still a drive

TPC champions is very affordable non peak season. Dove valley ranch, McCormick Ranch, McDowell Mountain are all solid courses that are also very affordable. I could make a larger list if needed.

Sterling Grove is still a bit of a drive for me, but a drive I’d be happy to make given how awesome the course is

1 Like

We definitely got East to West covered haha.

All in favor of just finalizing this schedule?

1 - May - GCU
2 - June - Longbow
3 - July - Wigwam Red (no July aeration issues)
4 - Aug - TPC Champ
5 - Sept/Final - Talking Stick (should be in pretty good shape)

2 Likes

Wigwam is that far West?

Fuck

(Yes, good with this schedule)