Roll Call: Orlando, FL Golfers

Anybody free to peg it Monday in the am?

Thinking about coming over to play Grand Cypress

:rotating_light: Very recent aeration on the White 9 of Royal St. Cloud.:rotating_light: Blue 9 was in better shape.

2 Likes

Any Orlando peeps interested in playing Rio Pinar this Saturday?

I hope you’re getting a good deal. The place is kind of in the dumps. Heard some colleagues say they’re short-staffing in the clubhouse, the restaurant was closed, and the course conditions weren’t great.

This was just a couple of Fridays ago mid-day.

That’s a bummer to hear, been a long time since I’ve been out there. But yeah I do have a discounted rate.

1 Like

Let me know what you think. I haven’t played there in a while despite having a decent connection to get on for ~$35 each time.

I enjoy the layout and love that the wooded areas are thing enough to offer punch-outs and not kill your score. But the areas around the greens were borderline unplayable in some spots due to bare spots/hardpan. And the greens were baked and bumpy too. I’m hoping they turn it around after summer as this tends to be maintenance season and can be tough with all the rain combined with super hot days.

Will be in Orlando again this year over Thanksgiving week. Let me know if there are any guys interested in getting out for a round or two. Might get back over to Winter Park again, and probably somewhere within 20-30 minutes of the hotel…Hyatt Regency.

1 Like

How is there not a refuge event at WP9 yet?

What time were you thinking @Big_RanDeer ?

1 Like

Yeah WP9 seems like a logical choice, might be hard to get a solid block of times for two loops though.

I’ve got a 10:27a on Sat, you’re welcome to join if you’d like. Was going to cancel it soon since my group has dropped like flies.

While it’s no Bay Hill, World Woods is still pretty OK. Just bumping this.

4 Likes

Snubbed by Bandon?

4 Likes

I’m playing Falcon’s Fire Sunday 10/31 (Halloween) with my dad at 9:33am. There’s still two spots open if anyone is interested. Let me know if you’d like to join me.

3 Likes

Sign me up dawg

3 Likes

Played WP9 yesterday and met two people who sit on the board of a local non-profit that is putting on a charity event at Isleworth the Monday before Thanksgiving. If you’ve never played (or have) and want a way to get on this is a relatively easy way to do it. It’s pretty steep at $2,500/foursome but figured I’d share.

2 Likes

Long shot I know, but had 2 back out for a tournament this morning at Rio Pinar; free if anyone wants to hack it around?

2 Likes

Making the seemingly annual trip to Orlando again the week of Turkey Day. Looking like I will have time to play some golf on Sunday, maybe Monday or Tuesday afternoon, Friday, or Saturday. Will probably try to get out twice with one round reserved for WP9 again.

1. If anyone is free any of those days and wants to get out post it here and if that’s a day I play we will try to hook up. I remember @Big_RanDeer reaching out last year but it didn’t work out.
  2. Make suggestions on where to play my other round. I’m staying close to the Orange Co. Convention Center, so I know I’m close to Shingle Creek, but would hear other options. In past trips to Orlando I have played El Campeon and Southern Dunes, but do not really want to travel that far again. Would like to avoid any overseeding or anything like that.
1 Like

It’s expensive, but if there’s any way to get on the Ritz Carlton, I’d do it. I hear their conditioning is pretty mint right now with the PNC Father/Son coming up in mid-December.

Both courses at Orange County National are always fun to play but a bit of a drive for you.

Waldorf Astoria is always in nice condition but is also expensive and can kick the shit out of you if you’re into that kind of thing.

Eagle Creek is a public track, non-resort edition. It’s less expensive and is very wide and playable.

1 Like

Grand Cypress Resort would be another nearby option. The Links Course (fka the New Course) is fun, can’t speak to the re-done resort course.

Is that the one that is supposed to be a tribute to St. Andrews?

2 Likes

Yes. It’s a fun course IMO.

2 Likes