Roll Call: Oregon

Nice, yeah the brewery is out of Portland but I sold a bunch of their beer at my bar in Seattle for a long time. Great spot and brews.

1 Like

Sweetā€¦Iā€™ll have to bring some to a ā€˜for old times sakeā€™ round at Laurelwood sometime in the future

1 Like

Iā€™ve been out at laurelwood twice this week. Itā€™s a lot of fun and holes 7-9 have been completely rerouted. And for those that want to delve a little further:https://thefriedegg.com/laurelwood-golf-course-coronavirus-covid-19/

1 Like

That is a great article. Brings back so many memories, and Laurelwood, in those recent pics, looks 100x better than when I used to play it in the late 90s.

Love the hell out of Elkhorn Valley. Some contractor buddies and I played it right after they installed the back 9.

But itā€™s 60 minutes north of Eugene, and then 30 minutes east on 22.

1 Like

Orgenonians, Orgonites, Oregons, whatever you call yourselves: I am going to be in the Portland area for 4 days in September and can block off two days to play 36 each around town. Was planning on doing 36 at Gearhart on day and 18 at Pumpkin ridge another. Are there any others around the area (within two hour drive) that you would recommend? Thanks.

Not sure where youā€™re coming from. But i would make the drive to Wine Valley in Walla Walla, WA. Itā€™s worth the drive. In town? Langdon Farms is fun.

1 Like

Hello, new to the refuge. Live in clackamas area and play year round. Be down to play with yall when iā€™m available.

1 Like

I would recommend The Reserve, Langdon Farms, orā€¦ Wildwood Golf Courseā€¦ Very unique fun course, also where the NLU crew stopped during their latest Tour Sauce! (I believe)

2 Likes

Also, Elk Ridge in Washington is great. It is about 45 mins from Portland.

1 Like

Weā€™re relocating to Albany in Dec. Really looking forward to getting a lay of the land as we find a place to buy a home. We should try to meet up this winter. Not averse to cold weather golf!

1 Like

Nice, Definitely let me know. Invest in some good rain gear for sure. A couple of the courses drain better than others during the winter although I am not too familiar with the courses in the albany area but always up to exploring.

1 Like

Just realizing Iā€™ve never actually signed the roll call! Iā€™m living in Eugene for the foreseeable future. Have clubs, will travel literally anywhere.

3 Likes

:sunglasses::sunglasses::point_right:

1 Like

guessing i speak for all of us oregonians when i say iā€™m beyond excited for the tourist sauce season, feels like a shot of life considering the tour doesnā€™t venture closer than reno (though the kft event is unbelievably fun and a great example of ā€œhow in the world do the pros shoot -20 thereā€). obviously the coastline golf is unbelievable, wouldā€™ve been sweet to see the boys sneak inland to somewhere like The Reserve or Langdon.

4 Likes

I have been monitoring the situation (lurking) but I have a family engagement on the 29th that it looks like I need to be at. Hope to get out there at some point with the whole PNW crew!

2 Likes

I just played in an absolute downpour here in AL. Came out of nowhere. Happy to say my waxed Puma TitanTour shoes from about 5 years ago still keep the feet dry. I couldnā€™t believe it.

Iā€™ve got some Columbia rain pants and an Adidas Gore Tex golf jacket. FJ rain gloves. Should be in business.

Youā€™ll be fine. Playing weekly through the winter thereā€™s usually only 2 or 3 rounds we have to call it early. Thatā€™s usually a 39 degree downpour with wind lol.

1 Like

Wish I could come too, family pictures that weekend :roll_eyes:

Member at Pumpkin Ridge! Who wants to play???

3 Likes