Roll Call: Oregon

Love the Bend trip idea. I’m in the Albany area so a weekend trip would make the most sense there as well.

Creekside is great and a meet up there also sounds like a great time. What you think @tball_1 ?

1 Like

Roll call checkin in - been living on the west side in PDX for 20 years. Play all over, but usually in the Saturday game at RedTail with the mens club there.

Love NLU and looking forward to connecting with other golfers in Oregon.

Go low!
Tom

2 Likes

One of my dear friends used to belong there, as did my late brother’s late father in law. That’s a very nice club, is Creekside.

Hello fellow NEST members. Yes, @kkobers and @ApatheticStriker, Creekside is a great spot. As a member, I absolutely love it:-) Love to connect with anyone interested in coming out (or already in) to Salem.

2 Likes

I think they opened up the front 9 again after all the tree damage, let’s get a game in soon. My buddy @Golfprommay is also a NEST member but not active on the refuge. The two of us play (almost) weekly.

@ApatheticStriker is not wrong, I definitely lurk around here a lot. But I would gladly throw my hat in the ring for some kind of meet up. I love playing all over Oregon.

Fairly new to the site, PDX based.

Doing a three-month membership at Pumpkin starting the first.

1 Like

Anyone over the age of 30, who appreciates crosswater, will love this:

https://youtu.be/VbEuuhGfRmc

2 Likes

Just got to Portland tonight and will be here all week. It rained all day here (which I’m sure isn’t news) but does anyone have an idea of what Eastmoreland will be like the rest of the week? Is it worth going out to or will it be a mud pit?

Also open to any food recs if you’re inclined.

The crew and I made an RV trip to Pumpkin Ridge (Ghost) and Gearhart last weekend. Man what a blast that was.

Pumpkin was a great challenge but anything off the fairway was pretty soaked and likely to plug. We had sun and weather in the 60s though so it was a great time nonetheless. Those par 3’s are beastly.

Gearhart is some of the most fun I’ve had playing golf ever. The course was in amazing shape and the shot value is just off the charts. We saw a lot of families out together which just made for tremendous vibes. The sand trap bar by the 9th hole is my new favorite gold adjacent bar. Cannot wait to go back.

Looking forward to our Bend trip in June. Cheers ya’ll.

1 Like

Evening All! I have been a Nesticle for a little while now, however I am just now becoming a refugee. I recently moved from Seattle to Bend and I’m looking for recommendations on where to play and some awesome people to play with!
If you’re in the area let me know!

Cheers

1 Like

Unfortunately on the far east side of the state.

1 Like

I’ve only played Buffalo Peak over in those parts. I’m assuming you’re in the 84 corridor.

That’s my home course. Some decent changes the last couple years.

1 Like

I only get down to Bend a few times a year, but I’ve played a bunch of courses there every year from 1998 through 2020. I’m fine with the hate I’ll get, but Lost Tracks has got to be near if not at the top of my list for Bend.

It’s very affordable, and unique in that most of the holes are doglegs.

The first time I played it I wrote it off as a weird gimmick (was waiting for the hold were you’d have to hit it through the clowns mouth), but the more I play it, the more I appreciate it as a great tee to green golf course that requires a lot of different shots. It’s not long, the greens aren’t especially challenging, but it’s a unique course that I really enjoy.

The other course I would suggest checking out is Widgi Creek. Drive right past Tetherow and play a well maintained course that knows exactly what it is. Every time I’ve played Widgi creek, I’ve had a great time, whether I’ve scored well or not. It’s a fair course, well maintained…

3 Likes

Hey All,

Love NLU and am excited to meet others in the area. Im always down to play and live in the east Portland area. Im 36 and a lifelong golfer. Anyone out there have any recommendations on where to go for lessons?? Looking for a good instructor to sharpen my game and would love some recommendations.

JP

Hey man, some friends are taking lessons from Andy at Red Tail and they LOVE it. Great facility to work on the game. Not so great golf course itself…

Y’all need to stop doing that, you’re ruining my pipe dream of moving from Salem to Bend someday. The transplant problem is real. I can gain 10% on my house every year and still not afford anything decent lol.

Ha! It was definitely a struggle finding a place with a good price!
Properties in Bend were being sold within 24 hours of listing and $100,000 over asking price…

I ended up buying a place in Redmond which is turning out to be perfect since I can get to Bend in 15 min and I don’t have to deal with the “traffic” that bend has during the vacation months.

3 Likes

Thanks dude, I will look into him. If youre ever looking for someone to play with message me. I get out as much as I can! I am currently sitting at a 12 but float between 12 and 8. Always willing to play with anyone no matter what the level.