Roll Call: Oregon

Hey All…

I became a member out at Pumpkin a few months ago. If you are making your way out here and it aligns with my free time would love to get members of the Refuge out.

7 Likes

Hello friends… John here from Petaluma… planning a trip up to Portland and Gearhart Sept 15-20.

Just wanted to touch base is all. The men’s club tournament at Gearhart is going on that weekend. Not like I can play in it; but pro shop said there is more than enough room to get a single out there and play that weekend. I do plan on playing 36 on Saturday the 18th. Assuming a number of you are members and playing that weekend. Would be cool to hangout and watch the matches and what not. I was travelling to the event in Duluth; but had to bow out for medical reasons… looking to change course and still doing something; but out here in the West where things are more familiar.

Here is my tentative schedule for the trip if anyone is at all interested. No stress of course; I’m very used to rolling solo and making friends with whomever I meet. My credentials: a 16 handicap that is one step away from shooting 80… or going over the top to shoot a 99; but always friendly and supportive of yours and my journey. Director of Sales for a brewery. 10 years of experience in College Athletics. Playing blades all day every day.

Sep 15. WED. FLYING IN
Timbers vs Colorado Match
Hair of the Dog/Voodoo Doughnuts [if there’s time]

Sep 16. THR. Golfing Day
Pumpkin Ridge AM.
Wildwood PM.

Sep 17. FRI. TRAVEL/GOLF DAY
Astoria GCC
Writing a letter to Head Professional, unless someone would be willing to host a fellow Refugee!

Sep 18. SAT. GOLF DAY
Gearhart Golf Links. 36 Holes

Sep 19. SUN. FAST AND LOOSE
May just relax at the ocean and get lost. Watch the Men’s championships; putt around. We’ll see.

1 Like

Anyone doing the Sittin’ Seagulls on Friday the 17th? I put my name in at the pro shop as an alternate; but thought I’d reach out to you all as well.

Also, have 8:10 am and 1:30 pm booked at Gearhart Saturday the 18th.

Kevin, I’ve been a member since last Sept and would love to play with you. What time/days usually work for you?

George

1 Like

@gaandrews I usually play every Tuesday and Wednesday afternoon, then every other Friday afternoon. Weekends have been rough with weddings and kid stuff. But should be clearing up starting in October.

What works for you?

Crossposting here in case there is any interest.

1 Like

@jwevanko Did you ever get this scorecard? I could snag one next time I am in the area for you?

Yes I did, but thanks for asking.

Hey Oregonian friends… super selfish question. Looking to acquire gently used Bandon resort properties yardage books.

I know they’re $40 for the set on their site… but I’m trying to maximize value for Secret Santa Gifting… Things like bag tags or divot tools also appreciated. Just hoping one of you is connected in a way that’s not asking too much!

Truly appreciate any help and consideration. Happy to Venmo and mail you a pre paid mailer.

Hello all! I know I’ve kicked it around in here before but it never really materialized. As 2021 starts would the Oregon contingent be interested in getting some weekend games here and there?

I’m finally back in Eugene permanently after being fairly nomadic for most of this pandemic. I’m pretty much a have clubs will travel kind of guy so let me know!

2 Likes

Salem here. You have my attention.

2 Likes

Same here. My schedule is a bit of a challenge but I’m definitely interested!

1 Like

I am interested for sure with the caveat that I have twin 6 month old’s, but with advance notice can make it at least one time a month for sure. Live in Portland.

2 Likes

I think it’s just a matter of circling a date on the calendar, picking a course, and grabbing a tee time or two. And then just let it rip. Maybe the first weekend of February weather permitting?

I know Langdon Farms has been discussed as a fairly central location for the folks up and down I-5.

2 Likes

That is a good spot if we get PDX folks wanting to play, otherwise we could look at something between Salem and Eugene for the handful of us down south.

2 Likes

Vancouver checking in. Will travel :ok_hand:t2:

One of the better courses in metro for drainage in winter as well

Currently in West Linn. Definitely in for a few weekend games! Have a couple friends that could join as well.

I’ve got a 2 week old and a 4 year old. Gotta pick our spots wisely.

1 Like

I’ve got a 6 week old and a 2 year old. Sounds like we all have our hands full.

1 Like