Roll Call: Orange County, CA (Long Beach, Inland Empire etc too!)

Just joined The Nest. Anaheim local here. Look forward to interacting with everyone here!

4 Likes

Now you have to join the LowCal Roost - that is where the action is!

1 Like

I didn’t see a thread for Coachella Velley, so I figured I would try this one. Gonna be in Palm Springs Jan 16-20, visiting from the Chicago area, looking to play 4 rounds in 3 days (Mon-Wed). Looking to see if anyone would be down for a game, and any course recs.

I have been to the PSP about 5-6 times and have some of the courses in the area, but curious if there are any I have overlooked.

Just signed up for (Made my donation) for the matchplay, anyone else in?

1 Like

Over 50 so far - and there will be no repeat winner since last year’s champ has relocated.

Hey all, Mass. resident, but I’m going to be staying in Laguna Beach next month for our anniversary and looking for a place to play golf on the Saturday of our trip.

Based on a little bit of Google Map research, my initial thought would be to play Monarch Beach Golf Links, but not sure if you all have a better recommendation for me down in that general area.

Monarch Beach is not a great bang for the buck. If you’re willing to spend that kind of coin on a round, go to either of the Pelican Hill courses.

If you don’t mind not seeing the ocean, Oak Creek, Strawberry Farms, Arroyo Trabuco, and Tijeras Creek are all worthwhile.

Ben Brown’s golf course at the Ranch resort in Laguna is an awesome short 9 hole course. Great place for a twilight round if you have time for it.

2 Likes

Thanks for the info! I was definitely worried about that element for Monarch Beach, so I’ll look into those additional options you sent along.

1 Like

Pelican North or Ben Browns. I grew up in Laguna and live just north now. Let me know if you need restaurant recommendations.

So far it doesn’t suck too badly! I’m only in the office one day a week. That day, I’m in the road at the crackass of dawn or don’t leave till 9am. Plenty of time to get in podcasts…

I’ve played Temecula Creek, Twin Oaks, Eagle Glenn, Redhawk, and Rancho so far. TCI and Eagle Glenn the standouts.

Been a wild few months, but getting settled and would love to get a semi-regular game going.

1 Like

If you have not seen it yet we have a meet up at Santa Anita in May. Check it!

“The Horserace” A Southern California Roost Production Santa Anita GC - May 7th (Details Below)

1 Like

Adding in the “finding your soule” at Soule Park event on 4/9 as well:

This is going to be a great event at a great course in LowCal!

1 Like

Sign’s up close this Friday for the event at Soule Park!

So sign up if you haven’t yet

Hey SoCal folks, im visiting my sister down in Riverside on May 14-15 and wondering whats worth playing in the Inland Empire, probably only have time for one round so want to make it count

Oak Quarry. Goose Creek is also a popular one.

i second this, Oak Quarry is prob a better piece a of property, but its kinda pricey and they have surge pricing, so book a few weeks in advance if you can. Goose Creek is always in good shape and imo the best bang for the buck

I strongly recommend Goat Hill Park as well.

1 Like

From Riverside you could also go east to Oak Valley. Oak Quarry is closest to Riverside. My choice would be Goose Creek. Best course in the IE IMO.

Played 9 at Goat Hill this afternoon. Fun spot.

Lot of work going on. That place should look like a million bucks this time next year. Greens were slow, but in good shape.

Linked up with a JDay look-alike and a guy who just got done with 18 of frisbee golf. I’m thinking that was a pretty solid intro.

3 Likes

We have a couple of spots left in the “Horserace”, if anyone is still interested.

2 Likes