Roll Call: Orange County, CA (Long Beach, Inland Empire etc too!)

Welcome, I am always up for a round.

Rich

I’d be interested in meeting up for a round too! I’m around the Costa Mesa area.

2 Likes

Where and when?

New to the refuge, live in South County. Let’s get a game going.

1 Like

welcome to the nest. I am down to get a semi regular game down. I was a part of a league that had monthly tournaments, but with the old lady’s work schedule I made like 3-4 of those a year. I think we have enough people to get something regular going.

1 Like

Let’s go!

Im new to OC and would enjoy meeting up for a round. I live in Laguna Niguel. Like to walk the course and very into golf course design. My favorite course is Rustic Canyon but only make it up there once every few months. I’m maybe a 14 handicap but not super into how I play.

Welcome, I am always looking to join a nester for a round or two. I am retired so prefer weekdays, pace of play is usually better.

Chiming in here for my first post.
I play Mile Square/Costa Mesa during the week and any damn place on the weekends. Any other Costa Mesa “CC” people out here?

1 Like

I am in Long Beach, always up for a round.

Rich

Do you have a LB Residence card? I will glam onto any weekend tee time at El Do or Skylinks! Rec Park is a tougher sell with the current poor conditions.

I’m at my wits end with OC golf. Every week is a grind to get a 160$ tee time for a course worth 60$ tops. Strawberry Farms last weekend, for example, was fine but not worth close to the price.

Nothing to be done other than walking on at Mile Square as a single. If I am in town and its possible to get a time, always down for a drive to LB and happy to pay the premium. I hear Industry Hills is decent too, its on my hit list.

I need a solution for regular weekend tee times.

I played Strawberry yesterday. Those greens suck. They are too soft and get really bumpy because no one is repairing ball marks.

1 Like

I do have a resident card, I am both happy and bummed that Rec 9 is under construction. It is one of my favorite tracks. My next two weekends are full, but during the week I am down for a round.

Check into Long Beach muni’s, Rec 18 is a fun track.

Yeah. Not repairing ball marks on a course like that is mind boggling. Filthy animals out there. It all adds up to make me more pissed off that Fountain Valley reclaimed the players course. Not that it was phenomenal, but the people at mile square do care about the course and keeping it in the best shape possible. I need another accessible 18 hole muni in my life.

2 Likes

Thinking of signing up for the “ramateur” at rams hill next weekend. Looks like 2 rounds and lodging for 900$ not sure if worth it.

*** on another note got out at Destroyer yesterday. Super fun track. Could 10/10 play every day.

I am throwing this out here for any and all that may be interested in joining the Low Cal Roost. Feel free to sign up - Nest membership is not required! questions can be directed to @Rob_Roth or click on the link at the bottom of the page to the Refuge Roosts: Local Clubs & Club Championship Outline.

2 Likes

look like a decent turnout on the google doc. Is there a separate thread going?

Not yet. Reach out to Rob and join RACDG LowCal because the vast majority of comms and shit talking are through WhatsApp. Same thing to @jsg_nado and @2puttbogey1.

3 Likes