Roll Call: Orange County, CA (Long Beach, Inland Empire etc too!)

1 Like

New to the thread and the refuge. Getting involved. I live in downtown LA and will play golf anywhere in a 2 hour radius and my schedule is flexible.
A few courses In rotation:
industry hills,
Angeles National.
Skylinks,
Los serranos,
Goose creek
Tustin ranch
Griffith park,
Black gold
Coyote hills
Oak quarry
Eagle glen
Balboa
Brookside
Rustic canyon
Moore park cc

1 Like

Went down to Ben Brown’s in Laguna yesterday for an afternoon 9 with my son. Great time and good vibe. Tight…tight…tight piece of property but had a lot of fun. I’ve played it before it was at “The Ranch” and they have it made it so much better. Cool little bar/patio overlooking 1/9.

3 Likes

Hey, everyone. I’m going to be in Huntington Beach working an internship this summer from June-August. Would love to meet up with some other refugees out there for a round or two. What’s the public golf scene like in the area?

1 Like

Plenty of courses. Meadowlark in HB is a nice cozy layout (par 70, 5600 yards). Mile Square park has two courses that are fun.

2 Likes

Any other IE hitters out here? I’m always out playing Los Serranos and the surrounding area’s courses and could use some playing partners lol.

2 Likes

I just took a job in Irvine, moving down from Orygun, but we’ll be living in Temecula/Murrieta/Winchester. Pretty sure I can start lacing some rounds into that commute (only looking at 2x/week) once I hit my stride.

Full warning, I hack it up a good bit. But I play fast and have a good time.

Not sure where else to put this but I’m headed to LaQuinta for ten days this week. If anyone is around the desert shoot me a DM. Cheers.

Fair warning - that is a ruff, ruff commute and getting worse by the day as more people start to return to the office. Lots of good golf where you will be living though!

Living in Temecula and working in Irvine sounds awful

3 Likes

Hello Fellas,

New to the Boards here. Living in Yorba Linda area, and mostly play the following:

Coyote Hills
Black Gold
Anaheim Hills
Goose Creek
Eagle Glen
Oak Quarry

If any of you local guys are every looking for a single to join up, I’m game. Weekends and some occasional Fridays work for my schedule.

I also have the good fortune of playing Mission Viejo CC on a somewhat regular basis. If the stars align, I could possibly get a tee time there.

Looking forward to chatting with you guys here, and getting out to send em!

4 Likes

Goose Creek is probably my favorite course in the area. Always worth the drive.

2 Likes

Goose Creek is a great course! I agree with you.

1 Like

Oak Quarry a few weeks back.

3 Likes

This place intrigues me…

1 Like

Love that place, but man do they stack tee times. The past couple times I played there, we teed off 30 minutes after our tee time. They do a bad job of keeping pace of play, but the course is sick and a good challenge, especially in the wind

2 Likes

The wind makes it very challenging at times. It’s the most exposed course in SoCal during Santa Ana Winds IMO. I just love the way the course plays around the greens.

Stacking tee times… Sounds like every public course in SoCal. Lol. But very annoying none the less. Luckily I really only play Customer golf during the week at Oak Quarry, and it’s not too bad.

1 Like

Alcatraz!

2 Likes

I am new to the thread, been listening to the Podcast for over a year now. I retired this year and have been using my new found freedom to play more golf. I live in Long Beach and with a resident card I get to enjoy the LBC courses at a considerable discount. Rec 18 and Rec 9 are my usual weekly courses. I do enjoy the OC courses: Black Gold, Coyote Hills, Pelican Hills, Oak Quarry and Hidden Valley. I would enjoy connecting with some LA/OC/LB golfers.

4 Likes

Brand new here, maiden voyage. So new the plastic is still on. Live in Menifee, close personal friend of lbrowne96. Would enjoy the chance to get together with some cool people and tee it up.

4 Likes