Roll Call: Orange County, CA (Long Beach, Inland Empire etc too!)

Not sure when you left Aliso, but a buddy of mine named Jeff is a member there. I think he said he puts on a persimmon tournament that goes on, possibly annually?.

Right before I left there was a member organizing vintage equipment days. Must have been him. At the time they were playing on Tuesday afternoons and I wasn’t able to make any of them.

Is this a special deal for members? Went to their website to check it out for this weekend but didn’t find anything.

I think you have to call the pro shop to book it. Creek Card saves you five bucks, otherwise it’s $55.

1 Like

Hey everyone,
Just discovered this place after being paired up with a great guy from the UK today while on vacation in Scottsdale.

Im located in Santa Ana and pretty much play wherever I can, but recently been playing at Marine Memorial Golf Course at Camp Pendleton. Great track, great price, great staff and normally never busy.

Looking forward to getting involved in this community!

1 Like

This course got a mention on the most recent Golfer’s Journal podcast and I was very interested.

It is a killer course. 3 of the 4 par 3’s are over 230 from the tips. It was a good time out there. Highly recommend it. course in good shape, and staff was very friendly.

1 Like

I’ve played there a few times, there were random bison on the course one of the times. Fun track for sure

Awesome. Ive heard they are out there, but haven’t seen any yet. Ive only seen coyotes and a bunch of the prairie dog looking things

Is this restricted to Military and Military-adjacent?

When I played a few years back I booked through Golfnow, no Military affiliation required.

Nope! You just have to go to the main gate and do some paperwork and bring some forms of ID. And then they give you a 2 month pass to access the golf course. Then you can apply for a year long pass once you get there

Inland Empire, based in Upland, Home Course Sierra Lakes in Fontana, once used iron covers when I was young but have been off of them since 1996, No Hole-in-ones, leaves all eagle putts short, 12.8 handicap (unofficially)

1 Like

Long Beach native now living in Washington, DC but I get back in town 3-4 times a year. Grew up on the munis in LBC as well as Bixby Village, Heartwell Park. Went to college in LA so played Penmar, Rancho Park, and Encino/Woodley regularly. Even took some afternoons off and trekked up to Rustic before it became “hidden gem” famous. Have played everywhere between Los Lagos and Los Verdes.

2 Likes

FYI here - David L Baker Golf Course (https://www.davidlbakergc.com/) is OPEN for business. Walking only and you have to prepay through their website or app. It is booked a week in advance and the booking sheet opens at midnight.

It ain’t much, but it is open.

Hello my OC natives,

I’m new to the forum, been listing to the POD for over a year now and been listing to the Trap Draw since COVID. Trap Draw is definitely my new favorite POD, love the city PODs.

Anyways, I live in the Yorba Linda area and me and my wife like to play golf. Hopefully, we can play with some fellow members in time. Still trying to figure out the forum and where everything is at but would like to join some local events if they have any.

2 Likes

Welcome Hogfan,

I hope you and the fam are safe from the fires. I live in Anaheim Hills, I would be down to play sometime. I’m coming off a back injury and haven’t swung a club since August, hope to hit the range this weekend to test things out. Where do you guys typically play?

@HogFan24 there was a NIT event last February (right before the lockdown started at Rustic Canyon out in Moorpark. Admittedly a haul to get there but it is a great course. Welcome to the Roll.

Costa Mesa here, very close to the mats mentioned above. That’s the range I hit most. I’ve taken my kid down there and it’s fun to hit some shots. Very relaxed.

Favorite public course around here is definitely goose creek. Worth the drive. Also like Oak Creek.

Mesa Verde is a fun private course. I’ve never played Santa Ana CC but drive by it every day.

Anyone here playing in The Golfer’s Journal 27-hole tournament next weekend @ Ram Hills Golf Club? Just got in this morning on a sponsor’s exemption :rofl:

Anyone up for a game this Saturday/Sunday? Most tee times are filled already in my area (Newport/Costa Mesa), but if someone has a spot open?

1 Like