Roll Call: Omaha/Lincoln

There is a lot of really good golf in Nebraska, and this thread is talking about Pacific Springs… aannddyy might be rolling over in his refuge grave

7 Likes

True…we’re talking about Pac Springs, but we’re not exactly singing its praises. I’m more than happy to read and make thoughtful takes on the lower-tier courses…or really anything related to golf as I sit and wait for snowmageddon to get here.

1 Like

3 Likes

Snow it begins.

2 Likes

Maybe we should get some fun or stinks opinions on some public courses?

Miracle Hill: fun or stinks?

You have qualify you opinion with why you think that.

Stinks. Holes feel repetitive. Boring, straightaway par 4s with trees on both sides all day long.

1 Like

Top Tracer range is sick.

2 Likes

Yes…I do really like that whole setup a whole hell of a lot more than TopGolf. Bar is right there and drinks don’t take forever, you can play courses, etc… Good call.

1 Like

Miracle has about 5 good holes and zero good greens. It’s the worst course in Omaha.

2 Likes

As someone who considers Miracle his “home course” (been doing Thursday night league there since 2015), it leaves much to be desired. They don’t take very good care of the grass on their driving range (though they do get a ton of traffic on it throughout the year), but the addition of their short-game range is nice. On the course there’s only a handful of holes I would consider “good”, and too many holes feel the exact same. It has potential to be a very solid course, but would need a pretty serious renovation. TopTracer is sick though.

1 Like

Ok, how about Eagle Hills? Front nine meh, back nine sick! Probably the biggest difficulty difference in nines in town. Has anyone else played it when they have been using the alternate green on 11?

Alternate green on 11? I’m intrigued…is it the one to the right here?

I’ll say this about Eagle…I think 11 is provocative, 12 is fun when the top tee is open, 13 is fun, and 14 is pretty good…15-18 are all better than anything on the front, but it’s that 11-14 run that gives that back nine its teeth. I don’t think I’ve ever played my own ball on that course, though…I play in scrambles there every year. I’d probably appreciate the whole course more if I’d go play a real round there.

2 Likes

I don’t play there a bunch but I’ve never seen the “alternate green” played on 11. I always assumed that was just their grass farm for transplanting to other greens. There’s no way to get over the swamp/creek over to that green from 11 anyway. It could be played as an alt green on 13 though, wouldn’t add much.

Luke warm take on Eagle: the practice course can be the best public spot in town to work irons and wedges but they over sell it. When you have 6+ small groups trying to make laps it’s a waste of money.

1 Like

Can you even play normal rounds there? I swear every scramble I’ve ever played has been there

2 Likes

Yeah there is a small rickety bridge that you can kind of see there that you can walk over. Or you can just take the cart path up and around to get there. It has been in play twice when I have played there. Once in a regular round and once in a scramble. I don’t really like the alternate green though, I think it takes something away from the hole.

Most of my rounds there have been scramble as well.

1 Like

Miracle Hills is the ultimate anti rub-of-the-green course. Nothing quirky or unexpected. No odd landing areas. The more you play it the more the holes seem to differentiate. I’m not saying it’s awesome, but how you shoot is exactly what you should get. The greens are on the bigger side, generally with one main slope that’s easy to pickup. No goofy doglegs. No “you really have to draw it here.”

Again, not my favorite but a good value and a great location. Just don’t get a tee time right after morning senior league.

2 Likes

Agree. If you start off on the front, you have to get your scoring done there because that stretch of 11-14 can eat your lunch if you don’t put the ball in the right spots.

1 Like

Not Omaha/Lincoln, but new Nest member from Nebraska just checking in. Live in Kearney and play at Kearney Country Club.

9 Likes

Is Miracle Hill the Torrey Pines South of Omaha?? Many people are saying.

3 Likes

Welcome friend! You been a member out there long?