Roll Call: Omaha/Lincoln

great, i love dags

yeah, there is definitely a market for that. If Wild Horse was in York instead of Gothenburg, it would be about $200 a round.

2 Likes

Even arbor links is probably too much of a drive, and thats only an hour or so south.

Playing Wild Horse for the first time over labor day as I venture back to bestern Nebraska.

Eh, i think its totally worth the drive. Maybe not when 75 is all torn up with road work like earlier this year.

theres only really one hole that i dont like. not sure if its 9 or 18, the one going back east, with the silo on the left.

1 Like

Very excited to hear. I agree on the higher price for Wild Horse if it was further east. Itā€™s always worth the drive though.

From what Iā€™ve heard, its more north-eastern nebraska, somewhere along the south dakota border.

1 Like

Someone posted this in the twitter comments. Just south of Sioux City. Canā€™t wait to see what comes of this project.

1 Like

Hmm. I wonder if its not another reservation course. I dont know how well Tatanka is doing financially, but the course is great.

Damn, this makes me excited being only a couple hours north of Sioux City.

Sounds like they have it pretty much routed already. More details in the replies.

1 Like

I guess I could also just link the additional details.

1 Like

Is Tatanka not doing well? I guess it wouldnā€™t surprise me only having one course, not a lot of draw to stay and play for multiple days/times.

I really like Tatanka and have played it twice. The problem I had was with their organization with the hotel, course was great. I worry when logistics fail when the product is great. I feel some strong management could make a world of difference there. I would love to get up there again before the end of the year.

Very excited for the new development near Homer though. Their other projects make me feel confident this will do well.

Honestly no clue. They were pretty short staffed for a Sunday at noon. But the tee sheet was full enough

1 Like

I can imagine its difficult to get people out there to work.

Eh, i dont know about that. Seems like it would be an easy way to keep everyone on the reservation employed.

I didnt deal with the hotel at all. I did think it was a bit odd that the bartender was having to cover a semi busy tee sheet, and the bar that had 10 people in it.

Landmand Golf Club is officially official. Construction is beginning in September and will be ā€œgrassedā€ by fall 2020. Can anyone smarter than me explain what ā€œgrassedā€ actually means? Does that mean theyā€™re just seeding? So presumably not open until 2021?

Iā€™m really excited about Landmand GC. Only 90 minutes from Omaha! The property features over 200ā€™ of elevation change. For comparison, Sand Hills has like 75ā€™ across the property, and I remember some of those uphill (1, 18) and downhill (16) shots are drastic. I know Will pretty well and am pumped to see what King-Collins can do with his land.

3 Likes

Another fellow Nebraskan here, in Lincoln, mostly play at Hillcrest.

2 Likes